Need 5,000 grant to rebuild my 85 yr old moms home

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
mymom
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need 5,000 grant to rebuild my 85 yr old moms home

Post by mymom »

This past January my 85 yr old mom had a fire in her home. Due to her limited income (&mine) she did not have insurance to cover the remaining cost to repair her home. The fire was contained to the upstairs of her little home.
We have removed all the burnt sheet rock and insulation, we have repaired the burnt wiring, and replaced the insulation. Installed all but 5 windows. We replaced her front door and was trying to save enough to replace her back door. We had it locked, but vandals broke in and wrecked her home again. She (along with me) is just devasted. She needs back in her little home.
She will need a new metal roof, 5 windows, her home is only 1200 sf, we need flooring, and sheet rock for walls and ceiling, and a bathtub surround unit.
We have never had to ask for assistance before. I have lost my job of 25 yrs and am on unemployment at $183.00 a
week. We have kitchen cabinets and appliances,(I was able to purchase while I was still working).
We would appreciate any and all assistance available.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need 5,000 grant to rebuild my 85 yr old moms home

Post by Admin »

What state? Everyone PLEASE ALWAYS POST YOUR STATE!!!

There are numerous programs that provide grants and / or interest free loans for this type of issue. For example, here is one in Texas. But I need to know your state, and ideally county.

http://www.tdhca.state.tx.us/assist_repair.htm
mymom

Post by mymom »

We live in Dalton, Ga 30720 Whitfield county
lindaking

Post by lindaking »

Could you please let me know where did you find assistance, I'm in sort of same situation, need roof repairs that ins. co don't cover
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Post by Admin »

What state, county, city do you need home repairs in?
lindaking wrote:Could you please let me know where did you find assistance, I'm in sort of same situation, need roof repairs that ins. co don't cover