Fix my home so I don't go into nursing care

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
Hibernation
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Fix my home so I don't go into nursing care

Post by Hibernation »

I have been disabled for quite some years now and I am now still only 59 years old. However, my condition has worsened a great deal and in order to continue to live at home I need a fully accessible handicap bathroom with a handicap shower stall.
I have obtained prices to have this done but unfortunately this disability has taken a great toll on me financially and I was denied a loan to do this.
My meager monthly disability income will not allow this to happened either and my wife’s pay goes entirely to mortgage, food, and bills trying to keep up with all.
My greatest fear is having to be put in a nursing home at 59 years of age.
I was wondering if any grant programs were out there that may assist me financially in order to get this work accomplished.
I also now need a wheel chair ramp installed to get out doors and to my hospital appointments.
I would sincerely appreciate any help you may be able to direct me to, preferably a grant, and I thank you in advance.
God Bless and Be Well.
Berna

Re: Fix my home so I don't go into nursing care

Post by Berna »

I am from South Carolina. My husband has been laid off from his job and I am on sick leave because I have shingles. I work in a nursing home so I can't go back until it clears up. Until my husbands unemployment kicks in we are in desperate need of grant assistance with our utility bills and well as home repairs. I have filed for short term disability but it hasn't kicked in yet either, as the nursing home is stable. We have filed for food stamps as well. Please let me know what to do in order to get some assistance.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

South Carolina is a big church and people giving back community. Since it is, there may be home repairs from volunteer groups or charities/churches. They can often do some minor work...nothing major. But maybe it will address your need.

Berna wrote:Until my husbands unemployment kicks in we are in desperate need of grant assistance with our utility bills and well as home repairs. I have filed for short term disability but it hasn't kicked in yet either, as the nursing home is stable.
Mrs.Frazier

Post by Mrs.Frazier »

My husband is 60 years old and I am 65 years old. We are both retired on disability and are in need of help with fixing our home so we do not go to nursing care or assisted living. Every month the money runs out before the month does. We do everything we can to keep the bills down but it has been very cold and food isn't cheap. So cold we need to fix our home or move.
Plus, I have dietary restriction. We are at Whit's end. We need help paying our bills. My husband is a veteran and we were both Department of Defense employees with over 20 years each. If you can find it in your heart to help us fix our home to stay out of nursing it would be greatly appreciated. We live in Norfolk Virginia.
Thank you.