Page 1 of 1

Old and disabled grant for repairs

Posted: Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:11 am
by JoBruce
I am a 61 year old homeowner and my husband is 60 and works at least 40 hours a week. Our roof is in bad shape and we have leaks in the house because of it. We have gone to our mayor for assistance. He has not found anyone that can help us. We need someone to buy the roofing and put it on. My husband is blind in one eye and just had surgery on the other one. He is in no shape to get on the roof himself. We live in South Bend Indiana. We are not old enough to apply for a grant. Can you do anything to help us?

Re: Old and disabled grant for repairs

Posted: Thu May 07, 2015 12:02 pm
by Admin
If you roof is leaking, you can try the community action agency in South Bend known as REAL. But home repair programs and grants are very rare. Maybe try weatherization. Also, not sure why you would go to your mayor as no one is under any obligation to assist you or anyone else. But find more information on the agency, and click REAL Services.