Assisted living for my mom

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
Conners
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Assisted living for my mom

Post by Conners »

I am trying to find out if there are any grant programs that will help pay the cost for me to place my mom into an assisted living place. We are sharing a place together and she has her disabilities that are worsening my own mental health disabilities. This living arrangement can not continue and I am desperate for help.
We are both receiving SSI disability and she can not afford to pay the amount that is required for assisted living. Also the HUD apartments here in Yakima that are assisted living have long waiting lists.
Her mental state is getting very bad due to the noise of children living in this complex and she can't handle the stairs, as we are on the second floor. My depression and stress is so intense from living with all of this, I need help and don’t know what to do. I can't handle all this by myself. Please let me know if there is anything that can help get her to her own place where she will have a little help. Thank you.
scurry

Re: Assisted living for my mom

Post by scurry »

I am disabled surviving a stroke. I had a brain bleed in which I was in a coma for 45 days. I currently live in an assisted living place in Los Angeles and I'm trying to move and I need assistance moving and am searching for programs or grants that I can qualify for so I can move.
I am 48 years old, am a mom to 2 kids, and have found a place, but need help getting the move in. I receive long term disability and workers compensation. I am a former DPSS worker who was a mom at 25 and who had to retire as a result from the stroke after 14 years. I am hoping some help can be provided to help me move due to my disability. The county is buying out my lawsuit but the process is very timely and I'm in search of moving ASAP.
I am really hoping some emergency help can be provided because I was recently hospitalized and when I returned home a few of my clothes and shoes were missing and I was moved from the single room that I was living in and thrown into another room with someone I didn't know. The few things I had were thrown on a bed and into a closet, therefore some of my clothes and shoes were missing as I returned home from the short stay at the hospital, where I was given nothing in writing, just moved as I returned home from the hospital. I found an apartment today that I was taken to view on Crenshaw Blvd from a company called Greystone Management Corporation. My kids helped me find it. The monthly rent is 1203 a month, with a move in of about 2200.00 for a one bedroom. Your help if possible will greatly be appreciated if possible.
KhrisDavis

Post by KhrisDavis »

Hi, I have some questions and about what you can help people with and I was needing some information because my friend, his mom and I just moved to Denham Springs, Louisiana in November and my uncle is very concerned about my friend and I not being able to afford to pay all our bills. We also need other stuff and he just wants to make sure that we have the services that we need and the right people that can help us. So I guess my question is do you know any organization that people with disabilities and also do you know of any low income housing or assisted living places?
Or has they are called plantations because my dad is thinking about moving to Louisiana and if you can give any information that would be great. Thank you and have a nice day.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Assisted living as well as disability programs are generally available at Agency on Aging centers in Louisiana. Also, curious, why would you move to a new state and area (Denham Springs) without doing the research first? Seems like a poor decision. You need to learn to do research and prepare before making changes, as now it may be too late.