Smog check in California, and need government aid for it

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
Ranson1
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Smog check in California, and need government aid for it

Post by Ranson1 »

To Whom It may Concern,
I would like more information on grants for auto repair.
I understand there is government grants that someone can qualify for and get to help with auto repairs.
I need some repairs done on my truck to get it to pass smog check and so I can complete the transfer of ownership paperwork at DMV and I should be starting back to work next week so if I can get this information I would be glad.
I live in Maricopa, CA.
Whatever information you have or can get on this grant and how to apply for it would be very helpful.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Smog check in California, and need government aid for it

Post by Admin »

No grant will pay for a smog check. Otherwise every single resident in California would apply for it. As far as general auto repairs, not sure who told you that, but it is not accurate. There are, from time to time, some churches or charities that will help pay for car repairs. Maybe they use a grant, or maybe they know a local mechanic. In either case, you can get more information here. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... rants.html
Androsemom

Post by Androsemom »

I have been diagnosed with stage 4 squamous cell carcinoma. I have a 6cm nodal mass just under my right jawbone. I am anticipating surgery and/or radiation and chemotherapy in the immediate future.
I'm having a problem making ends meet. I receive SSI but it is never enough to see me through the month. My current rent is 450.00 a month and I've kept current, however in doing so I've had to let my vehicle registration and insurance lapse. It also needs a smog certificate before I can re-register it.
I live about 30 miles from the cancer center and will have to drive there and back everyday for weeks. I have no means to pay for this smog test. If I could get some rental assistance, then I would be able to take care of my other living and transportation problems.
Anthony C

Post by Anthony C »

Hi, I'm looking for help to repair my car to pass smog tests. I've been looking for work and it's extremely difficult to find because my car isn't registered. Could you please send me information to what charities would considered to assist me with difficult issue I've been having for a year. Thank you,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While we are not sure, maybe a community action agency can help you. There are dozens in California to try...all focused on towns and counties. Here is a list of them. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... on_ag.html
Some offer transportation programs. Or maybe they are aware of smog check type grants. Hey....no harm in asking, right? So see what they say.

Anthony C wrote:Hi, I'm looking for help to repair my car to pass smog tests. I've been looking for work and it's extremely difficult to find because my car isn't registered. Could you please send me information to what charities would considered to assist me with difficult issue I've been having for a year. Thank you,
JJJudy

Post by JJJudy »

In desperate need of repair smog register of RV in which I live in California. I recently had surgery and I am recovering as we speak. I have nowhere to park especially with bad tags in which I have already received a ticket for. This is all I have. This is my home my transportation.
I have no family and know very few people. I have a disability case in appeals. For early stages of COPD, severe sleep apnea, degenerative disc disease and I have some mental health issues. I just had 2 tumors removed and a total abdominal hysterectomy. I have recently had 2 tumors removed on from each side of my neck along with 1 and a half salivary glands. I am also getting ready to have the remainder of my teeth removed due to severe bone loss in my mouth among other health issues. I'm in desperate need of help before I lose the only thing keeping me from being totally homeless. Please call me or email.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There is the Community Action Board in LA county. they help with car repairs and smog checks. Some volunteer garages also work with the agency on it, and learn about the LA action board here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... ion_b.html
JJJudy wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:24 pm In desperate need of repair smog register of RV in which I live in California.