Moderate income so not qualifying for grants for a home down

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
Sejkora
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Moderate income so not qualifying for grants for a home down

Post by Sejkora »

To Whom It Concerns,
I am a single mother of three and 7 years ago, I became disabled. I currently have one son in college. He will be a sophomore, but he is in jeopardy of not being able to attend because of our income status. He graduated Phi Beta Kappa and that coupled with the fact that our household income is so far below poverty guidelines made it highly likely that he would receive a full scholarship, unfortunately we did not learn of this award until after the deadline.
My income from SSDI is $743.00 a month. We do not ask for any government assistance...NO FOOD STAMPS.
I am writing to ask if you can help guide me to resources that handles government grants for purchasing a home. I would like to apply for $30,000.00 to pay off my mortgage and an additional $10,000.00 for much needed repairs. We have no heating or cooling in our home and we only have one bathroom. Heavy storms from the past two years caused a lot of damage to my roof and uprooted a tree destroying 60 feet of deck, siding, windows, and gutters.
We do our best to keep our problems to ourselves, but I have become so overwhelmed with the threat of losing my home and it is very difficult to see your children do without basic needs such as heat in the winter, proper clothing, no electricity at times and no food at times.
If you have any suggestions, I would certainly appreciate them. I am so tired from fighting this battle.
sasolis
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Moderate income so not qualifying for grants for a home

Post by sasolis »

If you own a home/have a mortgage you have to have insurance. If you have storm damage call the insurance company so they can pay to have it fixed. Low income, he should apply and receive the federal Pell grant which would help him with college and living expenses. You can have him apply for that online.