Homeless grants

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
USOpen
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Homeless grants

Post by USOpen »

Thank you for this helpful website. I've used a few local resources while looking for help transitioning into new housing with no luck. Do you know of any agencies that are a part of the Rapid-Rehousing Grant? Or any places that help with permanent housing, whether it be by financial assistance or a property they manage?
I currently live in a property through the Houston Housing Authority, however we do not have air conditioning. This problem has greatly affected my asthmatic son. I've waited 15 months to be moved into an air conditioned apartment but they have now completely refused to accommodate us. I can't afford regular flat rate rent, but also cant afford to keep living in this unhealthy home. Most agencies only help people who are being evicted, or already living in a shelter. I hope to find help before my daughter and I end up in that situation. Any information concerning homeless prevention would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. I hope to hear from someone soon, have a great evening. Kind Regards,
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Homeless grants

Post by Admin »

Rehousing is usually depending on federal funding, such as grants from ESG. There are different agencies to try, but the budgets are usually set yearly and the money goes quickly. But yes, waiting 15 months is not uncommon. There is usually an extensive waiting list in Houston for rent help. But call an agency and get placed on it. Find the various ways to apply for a grant as well as rental assistance programs in Houston.
Candiotti

Post by Candiotti »

Our family is looking for Emergency Grant Assistance with Eviction Prevention. We have until 6/16/2017 to pay our rent, or be moved out of our home. We do not have the money to pay our rent much less move and we are at risk of losing everything and looking for any kind of grant assistance to stop from being homeless. Please feel free to forward this email to any financial assistance programs or Eviction / homelessness prevention that may be able to help with our situation.
Eckhard

Post by Eckhard »

HI I AM HOMELESS. I would like to see if can get financial help in the form of a grant for paying my storage up to date...They send me a letter saying that they were going to auction off my things and I don't want to lose my things because that's all I have.
All of my belongings that I own are in there and I can’t afford to buy new items.....And I also are behind on my phone bill that is about to be shut off. I can’t afford for them to shut it off because then I have no way to contact my doctors. I am disabled and take many medications. So can someone please give me a call regarding this matter on applying for a grant. I am in dire need of some help ASAP. Thank you kindly
B Side

Post by B Side »

I am writing to you because I think mine is a special case for your housning.
I am 61 years old now living with an old friend here in Aiken, SC
I was living with my sister and her husband and my 19 year old nephew
they lived in such a remote area that work was not to be found. I was
stuck.
State of Massachusetts helped me with food stamps. Two Sundays
ago the 19 year old nephew burst into my room drunk and beat me up
telling and yelling at me that he wanted me out of the house. He left a
gash on my head, a bloody nose bruises on my arm and a sore back. I am
still walking a bit slow. He said he was going to kill me and I was in
fear for my life.
A friend gave me a grant of 1000 dollars to get out of the home
and away from there and my friend here in south Carolina allowed me to
come live with him at 330 dollars a month. I paid him two months rent
and I am now out of money.
I have until January before I can take
early retirement (if it is still available). I have no transportation
and without some sort of grant based housing help I will be homeless soon, I was afraid
to stay in the state and afraid of what the nephew might do to me if I
stayed but now that I am away if I can do something about his vicious
attack on me I will.
His abuse has been verbally constant and while he hit me a couple of
times. Before this time he drew blood and it took 3 people to pull him
off of me and his parents excused his actions by saying oh he was just
drunk.
Now I am left on the verge of being homeless. I still have my food
stamp card from Massachusetts but wonder if I can still use it here?
My friend here got me a phone, he is nice.
From now until October 1st I am set here in this home but it will not
be unless I can get aid from the state to cover 330 dollars a month
rent. I currently live at 5 Aiken SC.
Is there any way you can help me or assign a worker to help me so not homeless? I am
still having trouble walking around and cant get to places to well. I
am enclosing a copy of my Massachusetts identification with my last
address on it. The nephew who attacked but I would like to keep it confidential as to
where my location is as I fear he will try to come and do me bodily
harm and or kill me like he threatened to.
Please help me.
Maybe social services can help me the next 6 months until I can get
social security retirement. I am now 61 years and 7 months old.
p.s currently I have NO medical insurance.
RobFord

Post by RobFord »

We are a family of three. Daughter just turned 14. We have been homeless sense September. My other half works full time at miniumum Wage. We recently found a place to rent a room but need a grant to pay for it. We have never struggled like this nor have had to ask or look for help. We really could use some help so that our daughter may have a Christmas. Any kind of home grant to help us would be more than appreciated in more ways than one. Thank you for your time. Sincerely.
Gump

Post by Gump »

Hey my name is Devin. I came to Houston Texas about a month ago to attend school and I was living with a family member. But unfortunately we couldn't see eye to eye and I was forced to move out into the streets. and now I need a homeless grant. I'm set to start school on the 15th of August and I have a job that I have to continue to work. But without a place to live I don't know if I'll be able to stay and further my education. All I ask if for a place to stay for a short period of time until I save enough money to get an apartment through the schools shared housing program. If there is any way you could help me apply for a homeless grant please reply as soon as possible. Thank you
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are grants for homeless people too, as well of course programs such as shelters, free clothes or hygiene supplies and more. While limited, and many come from the government (with applications by charities), the programs can be a possible. Look here for a grant for homeless individuals.