Pell Grant needed

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
MPippin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Pell Grant needed

Post by MPippin »

I am a student at the University of Texas at Arlington. I am going back for my second degree to be a nurse. I live in Houston, I cannot find a job, and my unemployment pays 170 every two weeks. I was making 30k a year when I moved in, but now I am struggling every month and I get a 10 dollar late fee for every day that my rent is past due. I have paid 100 this month but I think they may evict me. I got an eviction notice last month. I am doing well in school. I am making As in my classes. But my water is turned off; they turned off my electric last week and I am drowning. I do not qualify for a Pell grant since this is my second bachelor’s degree. My credit is too bad to get a personal student loan. I just want to get through school to be a nurse and help people and more importantly be able to support myself.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pell Grant needed

Post by Admin »

There are many scholarships to try, both in Texas and other states too in case you decide to transfer. But if you have that long a list of needs, such as for water and utilities, you may be better off going to a cheaper college, or moving back home and going to school. But until then, locate the different college grants that can help.
Hailey

Re: Pell Grant needed

Post by Hailey »

I am currently a college student looking for work to help me offset the Pell Grant I have. Unfortunately because I am unemployed I don't have the money to be able to make rent this month. I do not have anyone in my life that can help me financially. I'm just feeling lost and scared. I'm afraid that I'll be evicted if I can't pay my rent soon. My rent is due on the 1st of every month. It is $430 plus a $20 late fee every day that I am behind.