Need assistance with car repair

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
sahmof2boys
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Need assistance with car repair

Post by sahmof2boys »

Hi all

I am a mom of 2 school aged children. I live in Pennsylvania and have been unemployed for the past year and a half. My husband works but during these economic times, one income is not enough. I have car that is not that reliable. I'm afraid that it will not make it to the end of this year. I recently took it to a mechanic and was told that I need to have my transmission rebuilt and it will cost me $4,000 to have my car working properly. We just don't have that kind of money. I am in dire need. Are there any programs out there that repair cars for free or on a sliding scale? Are there any programs/organizations out there that donate cars to families who are in need. Please help...
Freese
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Need assistance with car repair

Post by Freese »

Car repairs are not very common. Try a church, or one of the leading places is the Salvation Army too. You can find places and programs to call in Pennsylvania on our site. Click here for details. The local county resources are midway down the page, with more statewide resources and agencies to call towards the top of the page.