GI Bill

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
Francine
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

GI Bill

Post by Francine »

To whom it may concern,
Up until, the middle of March, I was busily training for another deployment overseas, with the Texas National Guard. Well, those orders were canceled, three to four weeks ago. I've, therefore, turned my attentions to furthering my education. I took the Admissions Test, and was excepted, at University of Texas. Classes begin on the 23rd of June. I going for an Associate of Applied Technology Degree in HVAC, with a Minor in Industrial Electricity. So, technically, I'll have 2 Associate Degrees. I got a Pell grant, and I'm using my Post 9/11 GI Bill to pay for school and for living expenses; which inconvenient, while I search for part time work. Problem is; the GI Bill won't be submitted until two weeks after I've entered school, but I have to have my books and what the Pell grant doesn't cover, paid by the end of the first week. The GI Bill, takes 60 to 90 days to get processed. What I need is, a 8 month loan of $2000.00@ 6.8% interest Quarterly.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: GI Bill

Post by Admin »

The federal government often has grants for GIs. However, it is always a struggle in trying to find them. Many people need a list of them and also tips on how to apply. They may even be able to help pay for some of the Associate of Applied Technology Degree you are going for. But try an agency for the process of how to apply for a grant, and it can then maybe cover some of your bills.
Bregt

Post by Bregt »

I am currently seeking help with rental assistance from the G.I. Bill. ODMHSAS has made some changes through mental health which caused my case management certificate to expire. I am now in the process of getting that renewed, so I can continue working. I have been in a stable environment since 2010 and due to the changes I am not able to pay my rent for August. If there is anyway you can help me can you please contact me.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

In addition to the GI bill, there are also other Veteran assistance programs in California. they may be able to help you in less time then the GI bill. So try those resources, combine with GI bill aid, then go from there.
Bregt wrote:I am currently seeking help with rental assistance from the G.I. Bill.
Baker

Post by Baker »

Hi, I was homeless back in February and March, but was able to find a new job and housing. With the help of the St Patrick’s center. I have had a lot happen in the past few months. I am working full time and have children that I get every other weekend. I am unable to pay my rent right now. I am scheduled to go back to school using my post 911 GI bill in January. When that begins I will also be getting my bas from the GI bill which will be enough to cover my rent.
I am currently 1 month behind on rent which is 601 a month. I have a 75 dollar late charge and 5 dollar a day add on....I still cannot pay it. I pay over 1000 a month in child support, which is why I am going back to school for both electrician and HVAC. I also do not have the money to pay the month of August either. I live in Fenton MO. Thank you and God bless.
Wifeofone

Post by Wifeofone »

I’m looking to get help for my family, here is the reason why I am needing any help I can get, on August 13th 2019 my dad was shot and killed by my nephew at our local McDonald's. Due to this I have lost my job, got PTSD from also being a GI, and getting ready to lose everything else. I have done everything in my power to get up on my bills and keep my home and car.
I am unable to do this on my own now. I can’t put food on the table or pay my bills now. I have been everywhere here in my town trying to get help with NO LUCK. I don't know where to turn at this point for GI bill help. So Please any info you can give me would mean the world to me. Thank you for your time.