Family of four needing rental help this month

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
dawnymarie
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Family of four needing rental help this month

Post by dawnymarie »

Good afternoon,
I have been trying to locate the information needed to get help with rent. My husband was diagnosed one year ago yesterday with Type 1 diabetes and was in the Critical care unit at Baptist Hospital for three days. He was lucky to make it to age 33 without the disease ever being caught. With that being said we have been through a lot over this past year, lucky to have my husband still we are having some financial difficulties at this time. I thought I had taken enough money for flex spending to a lot for his medications and what not but we ran out at the end of October. His medications are very expensive and due to the holiday season we are having trouble making ends meet and being able to afford a Christmas for our children. I have researched this site for help but it seems every time I click on a link it takes me to the same place. If you all have any resources for helping pay rent during difficult times please let me know. I have already gone to DHS to see if we could get help with food and/or prescriptions but we do not qualify. We have been using local food pantries to help with some food and how appreciative we are to have them we still have to come out of pocket for perishables. We are just having a difficult time and last year were evicted due to the new expenses, loss of wages due to husband being sick and still having to get a few items for our children for last year’s Christmas. Our rent was higher then and we did find another place that was cheaper to rent but now that we have had to purchase the medication as well as pay off the rest of my medical flex spending that comes directly out of my check it has been tough. We just do not want to have to uproot our children again. We are not behind at all in rent just late for December as last week we had two tires blow out as well as the spare tire so another set back. I am sure you read through a lot of these on a daily basis but if you would help us find someone to help with our rent this month it would be greatly appreciated. We do not receive any other assistance, we do not qualify for tenncare, so we have copays and prescription costs, we do not qualify for food stamps and with four and a husband on a strict diet it is so expensive and we do not have a section 8. We do have reduced breakfast and lunch through the school and that does help tremendously especially if you are struggling to purchase food. Anyway thank you for your time to read this email and God Bless you if you are able to help our situation. Have a wonderful day and a safe and happy holiday season!!!

Thank you,
Dawn Shelton
Advanced Drainage Systems
Ext. 17310
Fax 800.733.1974
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Family of four needing rental help this month

Post by Admin »

Rental assistance is local by nature. Even federal programs are run by local agencies. So that being said, what state and county are you located in, and then we can send you information on places to call for housing and rent help.
dawnymarie wrote:Good afternoon,
I have been trying to locate the information needed to get help with rent. My husband was diagnosed one year ago yesterday with Type 1 diabetes and was in the Critical care unit at Baptist Hospital for three days. He was lucky to make it to age 33 without the disease ever being caught. With that being said we have been through a lot over this past year, lucky to have my husband still we are having some financial difficulties at this time. I thought I had taken enough money for flex spending to a lot for his medications and what not but we ran out at the end of October. His medications are very expensive and due to the holiday season we are having trouble making ends meet and being able to afford a Christmas for our children. I have researched this site for help but it seems every time I click on a link it takes me to the same place. If you all have any resources for helping pay rent during difficult times please let me know. I have already gone to DHS to see if we could get help with food and/or prescriptions but we do not qualify. We have been using local food pantries to help with some food and how appreciative we are to have them we still have to come out of pocket for perishables. We are just having a difficult time and last year were evicted due to the new expenses, loss of wages due to husband being sick and still having to get a few items for our children for last year’s Christmas. Our rent was higher then and we did find another place that was cheaper to rent but now that we have had to purchase the medication as well as pay off the rest of my medical flex spending that comes directly out of my check it has been tough. We just do not want to have to uproot our children again. We are not behind at all in rent just late for December as last week we had two tires blow out as well as the spare tire so another set back. I am sure you read through a lot of these on a daily basis but if you would help us find someone to help with our rent this month it would be greatly appreciated. We do not receive any other assistance, we do not qualify for tenncare, so we have copays and prescription costs, we do not qualify for food stamps and with four and a husband on a strict diet it is so expensive and we do not have a section 8. We do have reduced breakfast and lunch through the school and that does help tremendously especially if you are struggling to purchase food. Anyway thank you for your time to read this email and God Bless you if you are able to help our situation. Have a wonderful day and a safe and happy holiday season!!!

Thank you,
Dawn Shelton
Advanced Drainage Systems
Ext. 17310
Fax 800.733.1974
LoreyM

Re: Family of four needing rental help this month

Post by LoreyM »

I am searching for help from a grant so my kids and I don't lose our home. Right now, we got behind $390 dollars. I am a working mother of 4 amazing boys, we have to come up with that fee by the 19th of January or we are evicted. I got behind around/right before Christmas. I put myself through nursing and I've worked hard to have what we have. But sometimes it's just so hard paying the rent doing it all alone. Please help us or point or refer someone who can help please this month with rental for my family of four. I'm so lost and I don't know what to do anymore. I hate having to ask for help it's so hard. Please help. I am embarrassed this is happening.