Temporary assistance to get home in livable condition

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
campgirl
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Temporary assistance to get home in livable condition

Post by campgirl »

Hello,
I thought I was being nice and doing the right thing.I agreed that my ex husband to live in our jointly owned home till his death, due to he had low income, in our divorce.I did not ask for rent, only that he kept home up and pay the taxes and insurance.
Well, he recently passed away. I am able to finally go in the home and it is deplorable. Power was shut off and meter pulled a year ago.
I lost my job in 2009 and have not found one since then, so I am not able to pay to have the house cleaned for me.I live in another state, I am trying to get back to the home so I have a roof over my head now. I live in a camper now.
I am in serious need of assistance to help with fuel cost to get there it is over 1000 miles.
This is a lot to ask anyone. Once there and I get a job I would pay the loan back. I just need the hand up that I gave him.
Please, if you are fortunate to have a home,job, warm bed and food then offer me assistance.
I will repay the favor .
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Temporary assistance to get home in livable condition

Post by Admin »

It is not very common to get assistance with gasoline or fuel for cars or transportation. Use this link for information on state and local non-profits and other agencies. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sta ... html#local
Select your state from the list for phone numebrs, names, addresses, and places to call for help. If they can't help they may have ideas for you.
campgirl wrote:Hello,
I thought I was being nice and doing the right thing.I agreed that my ex husband to live in our jointly owned home till his death, due to he had low income, in our divorce.I did not ask for rent, only that he kept home up and pay the taxes and insurance.
Well, he recently passed away. I am able to finally go in the home and it is deplorable. Power was shut off and meter pulled a year ago.
I lost my job in 2009 and have not found one since then, so I am not able to pay to have the house cleaned for me.I live in another state, I am trying to get back to the home so I have a roof over my head now. I live in a camper now.
I am in serious need of assistance to help with fuel cost to get there it is over 1000 miles.
This is a lot to ask anyone. Once there and I get a job I would pay the loan back. I just need the hand up that I gave him.
Please, if you are fortunate to have a home,job, warm bed and food then offer me assistance.
I will repay the favor .
Callie

Post by Callie »

I am currently living with my grandparents. They aren't too happy about it and do not really want me there and I need a home and grant to pay for it. They've made me completely homeless from 17-21, I am now 22 almost 23. They cause major problem in my life and I need to get out into somewhere where I can live, independently and feeling comfortable. I refuse to go to a shelter, I will not live with others that I do not know, and I would like to be somewhere, in my own home.
I am looking to gain some type of long term, not temporary assistance. I currently do not have income, I was receiving only 210.00$ from the state from temporary assistance. I need a place that I can have a reliable living in, if you could send me some help, referrals. I Applied for HOUSING AUTHORITY OF PHILLIPSBURG NEW JERSEY, I am on the waiting list.
Problem is, they're pushing me out sooner, but refuse to help me by writing a letter, or telling others the truth. It's quite disturbing that I need a home and my temporary assistance will not pay. I must stay in Washington, New Jersey 07882 due to the fact I have a six year old whom lives here with my mother. I've got no family nor friend support or a grant. Please contact me, and help me out.
McCann1

Post by McCann1 »

I was forced into moving in this apartment and it is not livable and now I need temporary assistance. The home has holes in the walls and windows that are broke and the  guy I live with made me give the landlord 400.00 to move in. And on top of that he also made me give him 100.00. To pay his electric bill. And then I paid 100.00 to try to fix it up. Is hence no stove or refrigerator. There is human poop on the kitchen floor. Bathroom floor is falling in. I’m on SSI and can't get the utilities on . The last month I gave him my whole entire check except for my phone bill $100 for food.  And I’m staying on his sofa as the home is not in livable conditions I need a safe place to live or help getting the  utilities on. The door don't even lock. Landlord said he will not fix nothing. I'm also sending pictures I took of the apartment yesterday. Please help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The state of Illinois does allow their cash assistance to be used for housing, but it will only be a couple hundred or so per month. Look into the Illinois TANF program.
It is temporary in nature. It can pay for basic needs, including furniture. Or some repairs or other housing needs.
McCann1 wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:49 am I was forced into moving in this apartment and it is not livable and now I need temporary assistance.