Help with Rent & bills.

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
Taylor1921
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help with Rent & bills.

Post by Taylor1921 »

Good Evening. My name is Tamara & I currently attend Truman college in Chicago IL. I have my own apartment but I lost my job and three months behind on my rent. I just got employed again but I need to catch up with my rent and comEd bill before I get put out or my lights gets cut off. What can I do?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help with Rent & bills.

Post by Admin »

We do have quite a bit of information available on assistance programs in Chicago and the greater Cook County area. Includes rent, housing, and more.
Try this for Cook County assistance programs and resources. There are places like the Catholic Charities of Chicago (847) 782-4000 which may be a good local resource. More specific to Chicago is this resource for rent assistance. The city runs offices called Chicago Department of Family and Support Services which can offer emergency assistance, and information too. Explore the main site and those links, as well as balance of site for much more.

Taylor1921 wrote:Good Evening. My name is Tamara & I currently attend Truman college in Chicago IL. I have my own apartment but I lost my job and three months behind on my rent. I just got employed again but I need to catch up with my rent and comEd bill before I get put out or my lights gets cut off. What can I do?
SouthernGirl

Re: Help with Rent & bills.

Post by SouthernGirl »

I am needing help with this month’s rent. I am working I started with this company 3 months ago and they said it would be full time but I’m only getting 30 to 40 hours every 2 weeks. I have also had to take some time off because my son has diabetes and his sugar levels were dangerously high.
He is not in the hospital anymore. But between trying to work when I can and taking care of him because his levels are still high making sure he checks sugar and takes injections every couple hours. I have not had much time to look for help with rent. Rent was due on the 5th of this month.
I got a letter on my door a few days ago giving me till the 10th before they started eviction. I called them today to see if they could give me a few more days and to see if I could give them half now and the rest as I get it or on my next check which is not this Friday but next. They are willing to give me to Saturday to pay it but they want 75% of the rent which is $659. I have called other places for help some I left messages and some are calling back. Please anything will help. I am in Johnson county Indiana in Greenwood, Indiana.