Free government grants

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
MarkyMark
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Free government grants

Post by MarkyMark »

Do free government grants really exist? Everyone I find seems to say you need to pay for the grants, or information on the grant programs. Seem like scams to me. I need a grant for a personal loan.
helper

Re: Free government grants

Post by helper »

MarkyMark wrote:Do free government grants really exist? Everyone I find seems to say you need to pay for the grants, or information on the grant programs. Seem like scams to me. I need a grant for a personal loan.
answer is it depends. for things like college tuition or education, yes, free government grants and money really do exist. for paying off or eliminating personal debts, then no, they do not exist. Also, may states offer what amounts to as free money from assistance programs. Go to the main site (link in top left...find asssitance programs) and look for programs there.
Heart
anti spam: Blue

Post by Heart »

I am 8 months pregnant, currently unemployed, and past due on my rent! I don't have any cash at hand and I'm seriously concerned that I may be evicted and homeless by the time my daughter is born!! If there are any programs, grants, or government assistance 's that can help me during this difficult time of need please let me know if there's anything or anyone that can help me?? I'm willing to work as soon as I can after my daughter is born however I do not have transportation or willing to help relatives!! I greatly appreciate your time and any helpful advice you may have!
KellyEvans

Post by KellyEvans »

To Whom May

I was looking for help on financial help or a program to sign up for some government rental assistance. I am a single parent of one child I'm also a full time student enroll in Arkansas state university - Jonesboro. I graduate in December of 2012. I've been working full-time, since I enroll in school in 2010, working nights going to school during the day. The financial strain that forced me to work long hours or excessive overtime demand job, which provided a better way of life for me and my son. Doing that for a year in a half finally caught up with me and I fell asleep at work and lost my job and I've been doing home health but they pay minimum wage. I don't live in section 8 apartment nor do I receive an HUD voucher, I’m a month in a half behind on rent light bill is due to my because of the termination from my job, and I’m starting college for my last to semesters on the 14th.I know the world doesn't stop for no one’s grief, but I'm emailing you out of my determination to make it, I’m needing assistance until I can get find a better paying job. If there is any program, grant of loan of some sort I qualify for it would be most appreciate if you do have the time to email or mail me a form.
louise221

Post by louise221 »

KellyEvans wrote:To Whom May

I was looking for help on financial help or a program to sign up for some government rental assistance. I am a single parent of one child I'm also a full time student enroll in Arkansas state university - Jonesboro. I graduate in December of 2012. I've been working full-time, since I enroll in school in 2010, working nights going to school during the day. The financial strain that forced me to work long hours or excessive overtime demand job, which provided a better way of life for me and my son. Doing that for a year in a half finally caught up with me and I fell asleep at work and lost my job and I've been doing home health but they pay minimum wage. I don't live in section 8 apartment nor do I receive an HUD voucher, I’m a month in a half behind on rent light bill is due to my because of the termination from my job, and I’m starting college for my last to semesters on the 14th.I know the world doesn't stop for no one’s grief, but I'm emailing you out of my determination to make it, I’m needing assistance until I can get find a better paying job. If there is any program, grant of loan of some sort I qualify for it would be most appreciate if you do have the time to email or mail me a form.
chirping

Post by chirping »

Never pay money for a free grant! The grant is not free if you have to pay to apply for it. Hundreds of companies make money off people who pay fees just to find out what grants they are eligible for, or to get an application. You can do this yourself for free. It bothers me that people target people who need money and then make money off of them.

As far as individual governmental grants -- these free grants are awarded to agencies and the agencies distribute or use the grants to provide services that help people and many of the agencies do provide individual help, but you need to go through them directly and you need to qualify for the kind of aid they are giving. You will find a whole lot of these agencies and charities on this site, under the various categories.

Also, as was said before, funds are also distributed through local governmental programs -- the government does not simply give you money. You need to qualify for the program.

MarkyMark wrote:Do free government grants really exist? Everyone I find seems to say you need to pay for the grants, or information on the grant programs. Seem like scams to me. I need a grant for a personal loan.
Margielee

Post by Margielee »

I worked for the Government for 9 years. I cannot collect unemployment and the only
income my wife and I have is SSDI which barely covers our rent.
I am looking for some type of Federal Help and grants until my case is settled or
they start back with my Workman's Comp which has not been paid in 8
months.
We have tried community services but they are short on funds.
I know their has to be some sort of help that can at least apply for us to
pay for utilities. Internet and phone are needed to keep in touch with
Doctors and attorney's handling my case. We are currently getting food
stamps but that is all we qualify for 307.00 per month. Please we need
the Governments help.
Rocky

Post by Rocky »

I NEED EMERGENCY FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE PLEASE IN THE FORM OF A GRANT. I'M CURRENTLY HOMELESS. I RECENTLY FOUND OUT I HAVE CANCER. I AM NOT ABLE TO WORK RIGHT NOW SO I HAVE NO JOB. I LIVE IN MY CAR AND I AM BEHIND IN MY PAYMENTS TO THE AUTO LENDER.
MY CAR IS LONG OVER DUE ON AN OIL CHANGE AND ALSO NEEDS A NEW TIRE. I DONT KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO IF I DIDN'T HAVE MY CAR SO IF YOU HAVE ANY INFO ON A PROGRAM WHAT CAN HELP WITH AUTO REPAIRS PLEASE HELP ME.
I HAVE LOST SO MUCH AND I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH MORE I CAN HANDLE. PLEASE CONTACT ME WITH ANY INFORMATION ON FREE GRANT ASSISTANCE.
Cassie_Smith

Post by Cassie_Smith »

Hello, I am 20 years old.
I'm contacting you regarding a free government grant for rent, and other bills.
My fiancé and I are having a hard time paying bills right now, and he's getting a new job part time right now. As for me it's really hard to find a job sitting down. I have a disorder called POT Syndrome and I can't do a lot of physical activity with my heart.
Therefore with him only one working and I still looking for a job it's really hard and stressful. I'm contacting you in a need of help.
Questions:
1) Free Government Grants you do not have to pay back correct?
2) How much could I get for a grant to help pay bills?
3) Is a grant really free?
Thank you,