Need help with downpayment on a land contract home

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
dawn31
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Need help with downpayment on a land contract home

Post by dawn31 »

I have been trying to buy a home for over a year now, and have not been able to, due to no credit score. I found a home that I can buy on land contract, but they want $1500 down, which I do not have. Is there any programs that anyone knows of that can help me with this?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Need help with downpayment on a land contract home

Post by Admin »

We are not sure about money to buy land, or if there are government programs that can help with that. However we have information on who you can call in your state. Find HUD housing counselors, many of which offer free advice if qualified. Select your state from the list midway down the page, and start calling a HUD housing/credit counselor in your city.
dawn31 wrote:I have been trying to buy a home for over a year now, and have not been able to, due to no credit score. I found a home that I can buy on land contract, but they want $1500 down, which I do not have. Is there any programs that anyone knows of that can help me with this?
Yankee_fan

Re: Need help with downpayment on a land contract home

Post by Yankee_fan »

Good afternoon,  
My family and I have been living in our home for a little over a year on a land contract and we need help for a deposit on a new home.  Our land contract was up in June and the owners decided they are putting the house on the market instead of giving us another one which means we need downpayment help for a new land contract home.  They want us out now.  We do not have enough money for a security deposit,  first month’s rent somewhere else.  We can’t even find one that we can afford.  Is there any help that we could get for this land contract situation?  We have a daughter and it’s going to be school time soon.  We live in Deshler,  Ohio which is in henry county.  But are willing to move to wood county.  If you can help please let us know.