Rent and utility help for student

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
Buddy
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Rent and utility help for student

Post by Buddy »

State:Alabama
County:Jefferson

Hello I am a 22 year old student at miles college majoring in biology pre-med and environmental science. I and my room mate (also 22 and majoring in the same) have been renting a house in hueytown Al. for almost two years. With going to school and playing sports it is getting very hard to make the approx. $1000 for bills and rent (600/month). I am currently getting food assistance suggested to me by the college. If there is any low-budget or student programs to help with utility's or rent please let me know. Thank you for everything.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Rent and utility help for student

Post by Admin »

That is high rent for a college student. How about student housing? If that is not an option try these agencies in your area. JCCEO, which is the local Jefferson County community action agency 205-327-7500. Another good place to call for rent help, in particular for college students, is the Birmingham Urban League. Their phone number is (205) 326-0162. They also offer job training and career programs, which may be good for a college student.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/jef ... e_pr6.html
Buddy wrote:State:Alabama
County:Jefferson

Hello I am a 22 year old student at miles college majoring in biology pre-med and environmental science. I and my room mate (also 22 and majoring in the same) have been renting a house in hueytown Al. for almost two years. With going to school and playing sports it is getting very hard to make the approx. $1000 for bills and rent (600/month). I am currently getting food assistance suggested to me by the college. If there is any low-budget or student programs to help with utility's or rent please let me know. Thank you for everything.
Asbutterfly

Post by Asbutterfly »

I am a single mom of 3 children ages 18, 7 and 5. I work full time through a temporary agency. I need assistance with paying rent which is $650 per month and other bills. I can also use help with paying for college. I was an online student with a GPA of 3.61. I have completed 107 credits and only need 180 to graduate. I have 14 more classes before completion. I have tried everything so that I can reenter the University and finish my degree. I realize this is the only way for total self-sufficiency and independence Can someone please help me? I have tried everything!!
RonnieSmith

Post by RonnieSmith »

I am a scholarship student at the University of Baltimore. The scholarship does not cover rent or utility bills. My uncle who is responsible for my rent lost his job and he informed me that he will not be able to continue to pay the bill. I have the month of May in my favor. Starting September 2017 I will be thrown out if I do not have money to pay my rent.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Ask the college financial aid office for help. That is what most students do. They look into City grant programs, which can be found here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _prog.html
If you have a scholarship then your tuition should be zero (or is it not a full one?). Either way it will help you save money on tuition for paying other bills.
RonnieSmith wrote:I am a scholarship student at the University of Baltimore. The scholarship does not cover rent or utility bills. My uncle who is responsible for my rent lost his job and he informed me that he will not be able to continue to pay the bill. I have the month of May in my favor. Starting September 2017 I will be thrown out if I do not have money to pay my rent.