Grants for disabled

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
Thomas
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Grants for disabled

Post by Thomas »

Is there any available Grant Programs or other assistance programs that provide help to a Disabled Woman & Her Family (# in Household: 3), who lives in a rental trailer-that's not handicapped accessible & I can't get through the house, or into the house without assistance from another person without the possibility of falling and maybe causing injury to myself
(Because my Walker-Which is Prescribed by a Physician) will not fit through the spaces, multiple stairs, narrow halls, etc. And, on most days, I do try and use my cane but, there's not any guarantee that I won't fall w/o using the Walker. Because, of this unfortunate situation....I can't be left at home alone, for anymore than 30 minutes or so. And, I've always been such an Independent Person, I do not like feeling as if I'm a Burden to my family. So, as I 1ST asked is there programs for me, who has very poor credit & due to my current health conditions (as well as, those of both my Husband's- Age: 52 & Uncle's- Age: 61...Poor Health also---My Husband's been waiting approximately 7 years now for a decision on his Social Security Disability, after having Open-Heart Surgery at the VA Hospital in Nashville, TN, to have a metal heart valve put in in 2005 (And now he can't find employment, because he's on Coumadin-a Blood Thinner, to prevent any blood clots from forming & sticking to the metal heart valve, which could kill him instantly--or at best, cause a Stroke or a Heart Attack). Potential Employers that he's attempted to be hired by, feel it's to big a risk for him to be injured on the job and their Workman's Compensation Ins. will not cover that, so no one will hire him and the SSA is taking their time in realizing that. In the time they've been taking, we;ve accumulated debt (from previous expenses and expenses for the last 7+ years, that have forced us to have to look into filing Bankruptcy real soon-UNFORTUNATELY, WE'VE GOT NO OTHER CHOICE, BUT TO FILE. So, I've been persistently searching the Internet for years trying to find some kind of Government Program or Grant to help us to Buy a Small Home that is 1) Handicapped Accessible, 2) Closer to other family & friends houses, so that one of them doesn't have to stay with me constantly-I can call someone, if they live closer to come help me if I need it, & 3) Most IMPORTANT TO ME!!!!!- is that I could regain some of my freedom that I feel has been so abruptly taken away from me, like a thief in the night. Please, if anyone could help me with my situation, at their earliest convenience, I'd appreciate it so much!!!! I'll be praying for a swift response to my inquiry & for the person whose time is used to look into it. Thank You, in advance, for any assistance you're able to provide me, in regards to my question and May God Bless You & Keep You & Your Family Safe!!!
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Grants for disabled

Post by Admin »

There are hundreds of grant programs out there, and especially if you are disabled. Many grant programs are free, and are run by local non-profits, charities, and community action agencies. The types and amount of help they can provide is pretty extensive. Money for trailers and handicapped housing. Most are not really credit specific as a grant by definition does not need to be repaid. So call local agencies, non-profits, and other places.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/gra ... bills.html

Thomas wrote:Is there any available Grant Programs or other assistance programs that provide help to a Disabled Woman & Her Family (# in Household: 3), who lives in a rental trailer-that's not handicapped accessible & I can't get through the house, or into the house without assistance from another person without the possibility of falling and maybe causing injury to myself
(Because my Walker-Which is Prescribed by a Physician) will not fit through the spaces, multiple stairs, narrow halls, etc. And, on most days, I do try and use my cane but, there's not any guarantee that I won't fall w/o using the Walker. Because, of this unfortunate situation....I can't be left at home alone, for anymore than 30 minutes or so. And, I've always been such an Independent Person, I do not like feeling as if I'm a Burden to my family. So, as I 1ST asked is there programs for me, who has very poor credit & due to my current health conditions (as well as, those of both my Husband's- Age: 52 & Uncle's- Age: 61...Poor Health also---My Husband's been waiting approximately 7 years now for a decision on his Social Security Disability, after having Open-Heart Surgery at the VA Hospital in Nashville, TN, to have a metal heart valve put in in 2005 (And now he can't find employment, because he's on Coumadin-a Blood Thinner, to prevent any blood clots from forming & sticking to the metal heart valve, which could kill him instantly--or at best, cause a Stroke or a Heart Attack). Potential Employers that he's attempted to be hired by, feel it's to big a risk for him to be injured on the job and their Workman's Compensation Ins. will not cover that, so no one will hire him and the SSA is taking their time in realizing that. In the time they've been taking, we;ve accumulated debt (from previous expenses and expenses for the last 7+ years, that have forced us to have to look into filing Bankruptcy real soon-UNFORTUNATELY, WE'VE GOT NO OTHER CHOICE, BUT TO FILE. So, I've been persistently searching the Internet for years trying to find some kind of Government Program or Grant to help us to Buy a Small Home that is 1) Handicapped Accessible, 2) Closer to other family & friends houses, so that one of them doesn't have to stay with me constantly-I can call someone, if they live closer to come help me if I need it, & 3) Most IMPORTANT TO ME!!!!!- is that I could regain some of my freedom that I feel has been so abruptly taken away from me, like a thief in the night. Please, if anyone could help me with my situation, at their earliest convenience, I'd appreciate it so much!!!! I'll be praying for a swift response to my inquiry & for the person whose time is used to look into it. Thank You, in advance, for any assistance you're able to provide me, in regards to my question and May God Bless You & Keep You & Your Family Safe!!!
goggle

Post by goggle »

my income is ssi and child support. im 38 with health problems and 3 kids. i get about $1500 per month. my boyfriend moved in with his 2 kids and everything was fine. we paid our own expenses. but 3 months ago he was hurt and cant work. he has been getting very little help with disability payments and we don't know how long it will be before that gets straightened out. in the meantime we need help to take care of the kids and ourselves. i sm trying to pay my bills but am being drowned in late fees. a low interest loan, grant, or debt settlement would help a ton! thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That is good that have another person to now pay the bills too, or at least help. If you do want to look into debt settlement, then try a non-profit first. Other options to settle debt can be found as well, including payment plans and other resources for the low income. Our site has tons of information on this service.
goggle wrote:my income is ssi and child support. im 38 with health problems and 3 kids. i get about $1500 per month. my boyfriend moved in with his 2 kids and everything was fine. we paid our own expenses. but 3 months ago he was hurt and cant work. he has been getting very little help with disability payments and we don't know how long it will be before that gets straightened out. in the meantime we need help to take care of the kids and ourselves. i sm trying to pay my bills but am being drowned in late fees. a low interest loan, grant, or debt settlement would help a ton! thanks.
babytime

Post by babytime »

IMMEDIATE ATTENTION================
Hi,
I sincerely appeal to you for Financial Help urgently. I am unemployed due to poor health. I am suffering from diabetes, anxiety, depression, gastric, tension headache, flu, backache, giddiness, very weak, very tire, frequently urine, leg cramp, stomach pain and cramp, right hand last finger very painful, high cholesterol, and on daily medication. I have no money to buy my medicines very urgent. I am living with my son is also jobless due to poor health. My son is suffering from asthma, high cholesterol, phlegm, skin problem and on daily medication. Both our daily medicines just finish. Both of us is daily living in fears because we are poverty and emergency we both are in the loss. My son is also daily very worried that he cannot pay school fee is S$13,000.00 to ITC for further study on full-time course on UOL Diploma in Law commencing in June, 2012. I need $1973.00 today for paying Starhub bill, Singtel bill, Property Tax, Town Council Service, Power Supply, buying medicines, failing to pay on time will cause my light and water and internet, mobile phones line will cut off any time. Honestly, if a person not working and no income it is very tough to survive as I everyday struggling for food and will surely die from hunger and sickness. Every month compulsory need $3800 for the daily living expenses, paying monthly bills, buying medicines and medical. As a diabetic person without taking daily food and medicines it will surely die from hunger and seriously sick. I seek your understanding. I have nobody to turn to for urgent finances help except you good people. I trust you will help at least give any amount is very grateful always. Hope to hear from you a good news shortly. Thank you.
Regards,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

We really have no idea what you are requesting here, but it seems to be a lot and you toss around several different amounts and requests. Regardless, maybe you need some type of credit counseling or even a short term loan. if so, try speak to a non-profit credit counseling agency, and they operate in every single state. A listing is here. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cre ... ncies.html Do you need medical attention too? If so, then look into a clinic. Many drug companies also provide free medications for people with no health insurance, the disabled, or low income.
babytime wrote:IMMEDIATE ATTENTION================
Hi,
I sincerely appeal to you for Financial Help urgently. I am unemployed due to poor health. I am suffering from diabetes, anxiety, depression, gastric, tension headache, flu, backache, giddiness, very weak, very tire, frequently urine, leg cramp, stomach pain and cramp, right hand last finger very painful, high cholesterol, and on daily medication. I have no money to buy my medicines very urgent. I am living with my son is also jobless due to poor health. My son is suffering from asthma, high cholesterol, phlegm, skin problem and on daily medication. Both our daily medicines just finish. Both of us is daily living in fears because we are poverty and emergency we both are in the loss. My son is also daily very worried that he cannot pay school fee is S$13,000.00 to ITC for further study on full-time course on UOL Diploma in Law commencing in June, 2012. I need $1973.00 today for paying Starhub bill, Singtel bill, Property Tax, Town Council Service, Power Supply, buying medicines, failing to pay on time will cause my light and water and internet, mobile phones line will cut off any time. Honestly, if a person not working and no income it is very tough to survive as I everyday struggling for food and will surely die from hunger and sickness. Every month compulsory need $3800 for the daily living expenses, paying monthly bills, buying medicines and medical. As a diabetic person without taking daily food and medicines it will surely die from hunger and seriously sick. I seek your understanding. I have nobody to turn to for urgent finances help except you good people. I trust you will help at least give any amount is very grateful always. Hope to hear from you a good news shortly. Thank you.
Regards,
chirping

Post by chirping »

Well, that is an awful lot. It sounds like you need helping knowing what kind of help you need or are eligible. Also, it sounds as if you and your son need medical attention. I would seek out a social worker -- or have a social services agency refer you to a social worker. It sounds like you need someone who knows what is going on with you who can help you apply for aid.

Running out of medication is serious. You can go to an emergency room for temporary medication. Are there any clinics near you? Clinics usually are low or no charge and they usually also have social service supports there.

Since your income is so low, you probably qualify for Medicaid, which will pay for most medications.

babytime wrote:IMMEDIATE ATTENTION================
Hi,
Regards,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Well, there are not many so called free grants. However, there may be financial aid for certain bills, and government benefits may be able to assist as well. There are different options in Wisconsin, which seems to be the state you are residing in, and we have a listing of resources for the disabled too here. So look into medical care, resources such as Lifeline, and more. http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... fit_p.html
Shades

Post by Shades »

Dear sir,
I am 56 years old. On Social Security. I have Medicare. I can not buy a medicare supplement at a discount until I am 65 years old. I am approve for Medicaid with a $6000 deducible for every 6 months. I have Kidney Disease. I can not afford the copay and doctors here in Rutherford County, NC they will not see you if you can't pay. I honestly don't have the money. After utility bills, I buy food. I am scraping by dying with kidney disease almost if not near end stage.
I know my life is not much here in North Carolina, but I think so. Do you know of any grants that I can apply for? I need help. I can show medical reports and medication I am own. I don't know what to do after North Carolina has fail me so.
Regards,
Maryannbernaz

Post by Maryannbernaz »

I am a US ARMY Veteran. I have been out of work since April due to hip needed & had total hip replacement in July (I worked for Maine Veterans Home as a CNA). I am no longer eligible for short term disability grants and was fired over the phone. My only income is veterans disability $263 /month.
Have rent, car, car insurance and cell phone bill. On outpatient therapy cannot walk on own yet looking for part time job but who will hire me with limitations. I desperately need help or a grant. Thank you for considering this. Any help is appreciated.
Juddah1

Post by Juddah1 »

I am medically disabled. My disability amount decreased August 1, 2018 when my son turned 18. It is only 1468 a month.
I live in Forest Glen Apartments in Strasburg VA and I am on the list for subsidized rent. But in the meantime,
I am facing eviction November 20th if my October rent is not paid PLUS court cost. I do have a church that pledged 200 of the 634 + 91 fees = 725. With the 200 pledged I am needing 525 grant.
I have contacted a local agency in Woodstock VA for a grant, though they wouldn't help until after a court eviction. Well that did happen this past Monday November 5th. But now since we are in November with November rent due, they will assist with November IF I can get October paid.
Please help,
any team

Post by any team »

I would like to talk to someone about grants to help with bills for a person on disability. I am unable to work at this time due to several illnesses. Please if someone can contact me or if I can schedule to sit down with social security to talk to them about grants for the disabled please contact me.
I live in Riverview, Florida. Hillsborough County.
Thanks Diane.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are financial aid programs, but you may need to prove the disability /your several illnesses in order to get support. Non-profits and the government may help. Find grant disability financial aid programs.
any team wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:18 am I would like to talk to someone about grants to help with bills for a person on disability. I am unable to work at this time due to several illnesses. Please if someone can contact me or if I can schedule to sit down with social security to talk to them about grants for the disabled please contact me.
I live in Riverview, Florida. Hillsborough County.
Thanks Diane.