Grant for a free vehicle

Find grants and post ways to get grants to help others pay debts, bills, loans, and free money.
Rosemary1989
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Grant for a free vehicle

Post by Rosemary1989 »

I am a 21 year old single mother and I need a vehicle so I can get a job and get back on my feet. My father recently passed away so I need transportation to get a job so I can pay the bills here. I have no money and no job and was told there are grants to get a new or used vehicle is this true and if so how can I apply for it.
Rosemary Killough
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Grant for a free vehicle

Post by Admin »

Have you heard about the Ways to Work auto loan/grant program? People who need a car for work related transportation can usually qualify for some type of assistance and/or loan program. Many of the Ways to Work auto loan programs are run at the community action agency level in your county.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _work.html
Rosemary1989 wrote:I am a 21 year old single mother and I need a vehicle so I can get a job and get back on my feet. My father recently passed away so I need transportation to get a job so I can pay the bills here. I have no money and no job and was told there are grants to get a new or used vehicle is this true and if so how can I apply for it.
Rosemary Killough
equuscycle

Post by equuscycle »

I was wondering if there is any sort of auto assistance program other than what is listed in your reply to Rosemary1989. I checked into the auto program through "http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _work.html" and got nowhere because of our situation: My husband has life-threatening medical problems (kidney failure and congestive heart disease) and is therefore permanently disabled and has anywhere from 3 to 7 medical appointment PER WEEK - and some of them are in a city about 75 miles away from us. Since he had worked in the court system for a number of years he can not receive any disability assistance because of the way the federal disability program works (too complicated to explain here), so all the income he receives is less than $1K social security per month. I was down-sized almost a year ago and have been unable to find work and am receiving basically minimum wage income through unemployment (due to federal extension). Our only car was stolen about a month ago. There is no way we could purchase another car because we barely scrape by each month as it is - there is nothing left over to even start saving for a car. We've been begging rides from friends to my husband's medical appointment here in town and have had to cancel all of those out of town. I haven't been able to find any program out there who helps people in our situation, so if you know of anything, PLEASE let me know.

Thanks!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Look into some of these programs for cars. Now they will usually provide used cars or low interest loans for work related issues, but ask about for medical issues. If they can't help you, they may know of other options for you. Also, what state, and we can send you state specific programs and options. As there may be local charities that offer cars or transportation for medical appointments. Find the car information at this resource.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/cha ... #transport

equuscycle wrote:I was wondering if there is any sort of auto assistance program other than what is listed in your reply to Rosemary1989. I checked into the auto program through "http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... _work.html" and got nowhere because of our situation: My husband has life-threatening medical problems (kidney failure and congestive heart disease) and is therefore permanently disabled and has anywhere from 3 to 7 medical appointment PER WEEK - and some of them are in a city about 75 miles away from us. Since he had worked in the court system for a number of years he can not receive any disability assistance because of the way the federal disability program works (too complicated to explain here), so all the income he receives is less than $1K social security per month. I was down-sized almost a year ago and have been unable to find work and am receiving basically minimum wage income through unemployment (due to federal extension). Our only car was stolen about a month ago. There is no way we could purchase another car because we barely scrape by each month as it is - there is nothing left over to even start saving for a car. We've been begging rides from friends to my husband's medical appointment here in town and have had to cancel all of those out of town. I haven't been able to find any program out there who helps people in our situation, so if you know of anything, PLEASE let me know.

Thanks!
equuscycle

Post by equuscycle »

We live in Colorado Springs, CO. I've spent several days contacting local county and state sources and all the leads they've provided, as well as the leads provided on the web site you attached but all I've been able to find here is loans that are much too expensive for me to ever pay unless I first find a good paying job and am able to figure out how to get there (the bus system here in Colorado Springs is pretty sad).

Thanks.
Flipit

Post by Flipit »

I lost a job, and I am having a difficult time finding a new job. I live in Maricopa city and I do not have a reliable car (which is why I list my job). I am confident I have the qualifications to obtain a job however my car is always breaking, my food stamps have run out, my ED3 electricity has sent shut off notices along with Gas and water.
I have asked for extensions but they are unwilling to extended it. I Today I received a 3 day pay or quit because I am 2 months behind on rent. I have been living independently my whole life and have never needed help from anyone or government. I’m desperate now. I have no family and no resources.
When I call 211 every organization says they have no funds.... I need help! Please help me find a short term crisis grant or something similar to help me out of this mind and prevent my family from loosing everything.
Zach

Post by Zach »

I am looking for help for my friend, such as a grant. She is almost 41 years old & got into a vehicle accident & lost her left arm from elbow down. Her mother who has beginning stages of dementia living with her. She also has a 22 year old son & 10 year old daughter living with her.
Now she has no vehicle & no job to take care of her family. I am trying to find any assistance that I can for her & would bless any & all help to assist her. You may contact me for any additional information on the requirements for the vehicle. Thank you again for any assistance.
Gambino

Post by Gambino »

I have a used vehicle I purchased about 2 months ago.
I had to take my vehicle to the shop for repairs and they are extensive repairs and exceeded the estimate I expected. I am needing grant assistance on helping pay for the repairs to my vehicle.
Please let me know if there is a location or organization in Yakima WA, 98902 area able to help.
I need assistance right away do to this is my only transportation to and from work.
dentist

Post by dentist »

I am a volunteer that is trying to help a mother get a free vehicle. She has 5 children in which 2 of them are twins that were born recently....the children were taken from her because of a doctors failed weight machine. DCF will not return the children until she gets a better job and a vehicle. Can you refer me to some agencies who can help this family get back together?? Thank you.
We are in the state of Florida.
Beauty

Post by Beauty »

Hello, I'm writing you in regard to a grant for free vehicle and need to know which program for the state of Oklahoma I need to apply at? I'm in Lawton, OK, I'm disabled on a low income for a family of two & need to get to Dr. Appts.
For myself & my disabled brother as well. I'm in need of assistance with my rent due to TBE fact. I'm 3 months beside & I'm wanting to go to college & pursue my education to a degree in a bachelor’s degree in business administrative
One day I look forward to owning my own family business in truck driving/ hauling across 48 states including Canada & Mexico. I need a vehicle to go back & forth to my school & I also need help with paying my utilities that are piling up on me right now due to the fact I can't work cause of an injury that happened in May 2017. I've had surgery & more is to follow. I want to thank you for your time with the free grant for a vehicle & help in these matters. TRINA
Really Struggling

Post by Really Struggling »

Hi, my Name is Jennifer! I’m 22. I’m currently in the process of getting a job but I don’t have a vehicle to get back and forth to work. I need a grant or a free vehicle. I really need help getting a vehicle. I found one for 1200. I have 500 saved but I don’t have a job right now since I don’t have a way to work. If yawl could help me I would greatly appreciate it so I can get back on my feet. A $700 vehicle grant would be great! I live in Stringer,
Mississippi
Scott G

Post by Scott G »

Hello my name is Corey Landrum, I'm writing this email in regards to asking for assistance for a grant to pay to get a vehicle for work. My car broke down and I have no finances or resources to help me out, my family struggled through the holidays with bare minimal. As of now I'm not able to come up with help so I can get back and forth to work to provide for my family and pay bills because the job is not within walking distance it's located over 40 mins from where I live. I'm asking for gods help and your help so I can be able to provide for my family and not become homeless. I live in Ligonier, Indiana and my contact is through this email or you can reach me. If you can help my family with a grant for a free vehicle it would be a true blessing as we really need assistance. Thank you so much.