Freeing up money for future move

How to save money, tips, and advice.
Straahan
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Freeing up money for future move

Post by Straahan »

I am in need of help. My power is getting shut off Monday and I have a special needs child. We will be moving as we can't afford the place, but I got no money saved for a move. I tried to get help at KCR they won't help. Please won't work with us. I need 844 and some change. If I try to save it on my own maybe take me 3 months at least, but power issue prevents it. I tried applying online but no way to. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Freeing up money for future move

Post by Admin »

We do have info on saving money on utility bills. But asking for 844 is a lot. Try to explore the main site too for financial aid programs. And KCR (nor anyone) has to work with you. Any assistance is always at their discretion.
Straahan wrote:I am in need of help. My power is getting shut off Monday and I have a special needs child. We will be moving as we can't afford the place, but I got no money saved for a move. I tried to get help at KCR they won't help. Please won't work with us. I need 844 and some change. If I try to save it on my own maybe take me 3 months at least, but power issue prevents it. I tried applying online but no way to. Thank you.
Cruisers

Post by Cruisers »

Hello my name is Alexandria. I have fallen on very hard times since I left my husband at the end of last year as I used all my money for that move. I'm a single mother working as a server at Red robin trying to make it the best way I know how as I try to free up money for future bills and moving. I live in San Antonio TX.
Serving at red robin is always iffy some times in the year are better than others we work off of our tips. I have a hard time being able to pay my car note every month I pay all my bills but when it’s time for the car payment I never have it. I either pay it very late or miss months till I can get it all I need my car for my sake and my son sake we definitely need some way of transportation. I'm trying everything I possibly can to keep my car they have threatened to repossess it but my parents help as much as possible but they can only help so much they have their own bills. I'm 22 years old trying to make a better life for my son. It’s very hard for me right now. I have so much on my plate alone with very little help and resources.
Globemaster

Post by Globemaster »

I'm contacting you because I have an emergency! I found a house to move in but I don't have a security deposit and I am saving up money for the future move. I have to vacate this property by 6/30/23 and that's in a few days. I can't renew my lease because someone is moving in on 7/3/23 plus they have it for sale too.
I found a home the address is Swedesboro and the security deposit all together is $7500. It's $1850 for my agent $1850 for the actual agent and $5500 for the security deposit portion. I need to save money for this move, and that is a lot to save.
If I don't have a place to relocate my two disabled kids and myself will be sleeping in my old car. I have a monthly income of about $2800 monthly it's all of income put together.
Myself 1k
Child #1 1k
Child #3 $800 I think
I have no savings and the renting company told me at the last minute that they can't renew my lease. They have the house listed at $2400 and my rent is $1908 so they wanted more money and it's up for sale.
They told me this in January or February that I can't renew my lease but they should have told me that there will be changes when I renewed my lease. I thought I would have an option to move or stay so that put me in a bad situation.
I told my agent I will try to get a security deposit because that was the only hold up. If I had the money I could have moved in on 4/21/23. She said when we sign contracts I had to have $7500 and that's when everything came to a haul. This is stressful, saving money for the move, and I don't want to be homeless with two kids in the middle of the school year. Can you please tell me what I need to do to help please.