How to save on energy bills

How to save money, tips, and advice.
ryanvarel

How to save on energy bills

Post by ryanvarel »

What is the best way for me to save on energy bills, such as my heating and utility bills? It seems like they go up 10% per year and I need to save abnd reduce the costs. Thanks
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: How to save on energy bills

Post by Admin »

ryanvarel wrote:What is the best way for me to save on energy bills, such as my heating and utility bills? It seems like they go up 10% per year and I need to save abnd reduce the costs. Thanks
I always recommend Programmable Thermostats to save on heating bills. They cost about $50, are simple to install, and can save you 10-20% on heating bills.
http://www.helpwithheatingbills.com/htm ... help_.html
chrissy.cassidy

insulate water heater to save on energy bills

Post by chrissy.cassidy »

throw some insulation on your water heater to save on energy bills. You lose so much heat and energy thru the water pipes. I did this and my bill went down several dolalrs per month. Every little bit helps.
lizkennedy

Re: insulate water heater to save on energy bills

Post by lizkennedy »

chrissy.cassidy wrote:throw some insulation on your water heater to save on energy bills. You lose so much heat and energy thru the water pipes. I did this and my bill went down several dolalrs per month. Every little bit helps.
Also, try the free heating oil from OilHeat program. You can get it in NY, PA, NH, MA, and many other states
chrissyk

Post by chrissyk »

use a programmable thermostat they save and are easy to install.
maq11

Post by maq11 »

turn of your lights when you go office and also your computer,and also use some insolen tubes who makes your water.if you use these type of tubes they remain your water hot and reduce your bill
bluegourami3

Post by bluegourami3 »

If you own your house, try to access your attic and see how much insulation is up there, I re-insulated my attic, also insulating between the joists in the basement if they are open, this helps keep the cold air from coming through to the first floor. On a cold day, go around your windows and doors with your hands and feel for cold are seeping through, either caulk these areas or buy weatherstripping and apply this. Also, in the winter if windows are not that great get shrink wrap plastic kits and apply those to windows. And make sure you turn off all appliances not being in use at that time. Lights, computer and such. Wear extra clothing and get through blankets to bundle up in when watching TV. By doing these little things you can shave off alot of money off your bill, while my neighbors pay about 300 per month, I keep mine at a steady 100.00 per month.

Also, check the website of your provider on electricity and they usually have tips on how to save and what steps to take to get those savings with projects I named above.