Help getting a stove

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
supertaz882000
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help getting a stove

Post by supertaz882000 »

I really need help getting a stove for my familys home. We are moving into a home of our own and we have nothing. I need as much help getting everything that I can. What kind of help does this program offer?
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help getting a stove

Post by Admin »

What state? A stove may be difficult to get. Try a weatherization program at your local community action agency. Another program that exists in some parts of the country is the Heating Repair Replace Program. It can help with furnaces, hot water heaters, and more. However I am not sure if it includes a stove.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/hea ... ement.html
supertaz882000 wrote:I really need help getting a stove for my familys home. We are moving into a home of our own and we have nothing. I need as much help getting everything that I can. What kind of help does this program offer?
Linden

Post by Linden »

Hello, I'm from Berwick Pennsylvania. I'm writing you on behalf of my father to find out some information about possibly getting a grant to have a new roof put on his home as well as kitchen help, namely a stove. His current roof was put on over 30 years ago. My father is 55 years old, and widowed, and a resident in Columbia County. Thank you for any help and information you can provide.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While we are not sure that type of help exists (especially for a stove), maybe you can try the Pennsylvania LIHIEAP program. This will sometimes provide grants for home repairs, provided they help with energy needs. But sometimes a roof is included too. Or ask about weatherization, which often goes hand in hand with that program. So your father does have some options available that may be able to assist them.
Linden wrote:Hello, I'm from Berwick Pennsylvania. I'm writing you on behalf of my father to find out some information about possibly getting a grant to have a new roof put on his home as well as kitchen help, namely a stove. His current roof was put on over 30 years ago. My father is 55 years old, and widowed, and a resident in Columbia County. Thank you for any help and information you can provide.
ChuckieMac

Post by ChuckieMac »

I need help paying for a new apartment because where I live at now. I don't have a stove to use to cook and it’s been a month now and the landlord hasn't made attempt to come and bring me a stove that works and I had to call cold enforcement on her and they still don’t came and fixed anything. The apartment I live in is a fire hazard and I need help with a deposit and rent on a new place.
I am dreaming

Post by I am dreaming »

Hello, my name is Misty, I live in Nixon, Texas Gonzales county.  Gonzales county has no resources for stoves. I was wondering if you might be able to help me find some resources that might assist me with a stove.  I have been a contract worker for home health, specializing in Dementia care. I was laid off my job February 29, 2020 due to COVID.
I have 3 kids and I am a single mom. My son is 11 and my daughters are 19. They are currently living at home and attend Victoria college in Gonzales Texas.  I say kids because they have lived a sheltered life. Not rich, but sheltered.  I applied for food stamps a few weeks ago and was approved yesterday.  And this morning my stove went out.  I have no way to cook and I really need to find a used one. I applied for  unemployment and currently I am looking for work.  Can you please let me know if there is anyone who might be able to help me?