car repair

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
jennifer29
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

car repair

Post by jennifer29 »

i am a single mom that in struggling with leukemia, i need help to fix my car so i can get back and forth to medical treatment including chemo treatments. i have 3 young girls also that i need to get back and fourth to school. Its not much but a lot for me they are telling me 600 dollars. please if anyone can help or know of someone that can please let me know. God bless
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: car repair

Post by Admin »

Some charities can help with car repairs if you are sick, or have a medical condition. Many places may even drive you to your doctors office or medical appointment. Volunteers, charities, and other people, such as kindly neighbor, may do this.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... izati.html
Is a place to find out more on charities for medical needs and doctor or hospital visits. Also call your doctor as they may be aware of programs to get a car repair.

jennifer29 wrote:i am a single mom that in struggling with leukemia, i need help to fix my car so i can get back and forth to medical treatment including chemo treatments. i have 3 young girls also that i need to get back and fourth to school. Its not much but a lot for me they are telling me 600 dollars. please if anyone can help or know of someone that can please let me know. God bless
Buddy

Post by Buddy »

Have 2 small children, an old 1973 pickup that we cannot all fit in, and a car that the heat wont work and window wont go up. Need help fixing it or another car. Please help. Its getting cold in morning and don't want my babies sick. Husband lost his job in Feb of 09 and I am a part time substitute at the county schools and attending college myself. Thank you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It sounds like you need some general aid and support. Use this link to find information on government assistance and county, state, and city programs in your area. While not sure if they can help with your pickup, you can find other support.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sta ... progr.html
Buddy wrote:Have 2 small children, an old 1973 pickup that we cannot all fit in, and a car that the heat wont work and window wont go up. Need help fixing it or another car. Please help. Its getting cold in morning and don't want my babies sick. Husband lost his job in Feb of 09 and I am a part time substitute at the county schools and attending college myself. Thank you.
maxie_mac

Auto repairs

Post by maxie_mac »

Can you provide me with any information on charity or assistance in paying for needed car repairs? I live on SSI Disability and my allowance does not provide enough for needed repairs. I own a 1991 Toyota Tercel. I need it for doctors appts and groceries or emergencies. I am afraid it will breakdown on me one day and my health issues could be life threatening for me if that happens and I am stranded. I have no choice in taking the chance driving as I live alone and have no one to help me. My errand trips are short but I cannot walk to destinations needed. I have driven this car for 17 years but now have a few repairs that need attention. Can you help? - Thank you for any info or assistance you can give. Miami, Fl
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Auto repairs

Post by Admin »

Car repairs are tough. Not as common for a charity or organization to provide this type of service, but you can call some agencies and ask them for help. you can try places like the Miami-Dade Community Action Agency, and their phone number is 786-469-4600. Another option is the Catholic Charities Emergency Services, and their phone number is (305) 759-3050. United Way of Miami-Dade can be called at (305) 860–3000, and they may have ideas. One option may be a program called Ways to Work.

http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ogram.html
maxie_mac wrote:Can you provide me with any information on charity or assistance in paying for needed car repairs? I live on SSI Disability and my allowance does not provide enough for needed repairs. I own a 1991 Toyota Tercel. I need it for doctors appts and groceries or emergencies. I am afraid it will breakdown on me one day and my health issues could be life threatening for me if that happens and I am stranded. I have no choice in taking the chance driving as I live alone and have no one to help me. My errand trips are short but I cannot walk to destinations needed. I have driven this car for 17 years but now have a few repairs that need attention. Can you help? - Thank you for any info or assistance you can give. Miami, Fl
Jessicasanson

Post by Jessicasanson »

I am a single mother of 3, we have an explorer that has been broke down for almost 2 years. I finally saved money to have it towed to a shop so someone can look at it. It needs a new motor, along with a belt and 2 hoses. The total is around $3,000.00 and i have went to DHS to see if there was anything they could do to help. I was told the amount was far to much. What am I to do? We live paycheck to paycheck, and every penny of it is budgeted for bills. Right now we depend greatly on my mother for a ride, but that is surely putting herself into debt with so much gas being used. I realize that life is hard and there are tough times, but I could really use a little direction. Thank you for any suggestions or directions to point me in, so greatly appreciated! Arkansas
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here is info on community action agencies and non-profits to call in Arkansas. Also, look into a program known as Ways to Work, which can help with auto repairs and providing new/used cars in certain cases. A link to county specific options is here.
Contacting DHS was a good idea, but there are other places to ask as well.
http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/ark ... grams.html
Jessicasanson wrote:I am a single mother of 3, we have an explorer that has been broke down for almost 2 years. I finally saved money to have it towed to a shop so someone can look at it. It needs a new motor, along with a belt and 2 hoses. The total is around $3,000.00 and i have went to DHS to see if there was anything they could do to help. I was told the amount was far to much. What am I to do? We live paycheck to paycheck, and every penny of it is budgeted for bills. Right now we depend greatly on my mother for a ride, but that is surely putting herself into debt with so much gas being used. I realize that life is hard and there are tough times, but I could really use a little direction. Thank you for any suggestions or directions to point me in, so greatly appreciated! Arkansas
KKaufmann

Post by KKaufmann »

Hi there,
I'm in desperate need of mechanical problems with my car. I'm low income and disabled. I'm making payments on the car, and I can barely do that. Now I'm having a lot of mechanical problems with it, it's all I have for transportation to my therapy and doctors appointments. I have tried to find any help on the Internet with no luck, I'm afraid to drive my son to school and that's only barely 3 miles one way. My front end is making really scary noises. I have been to a few mechanics and the cost to fix is about $1000.00 that I don't have. Nor can I get. My front right ball joint is rattling like crazy, and I found out the shocks are the original shocks and they are really bad. I would get rid of it, but since buying it the value is less then half the loan amount. So I'm stuck paying for a car that hardly runs, and have no cash to get all it needs fixed to make it safe. I have been to more them 4 mechanic shops to try and find out why it runs so bad, I trusted a few and paid for a few repairs. The problem is it still runs bad. I don't qualify for the lemon law. It's a 2004 car, used so no lemon law for used. I haven't had it a year yet, I have taken it back to the dealership I bought it from. They fixed a couple things, but refuse to fix the major problems, basically I got screwed. Used is as is purchase, so there not liable for fixing it. The car is haunted, or a lemon. And I'm stuck paying for it, please I beg of you is there any program or charity etc. that might be able to help me ? I'm going to be moving by end of summer, my health problems because me too much pain where I live. The car is desperately needed, and to know its not going to break down on me would be an awesome feeling. I would get rid of it if I could, but I can't and I have no other way of fixing it or replacing it.
Greenwich

Post by Greenwich »

I worked a temporary job for 4 months. I can work, but it's tough keeping temporary work. Just after I got laid off, AGAIN, my alternator went out on my car. A replacement part is $160 and I will only get $51 a week in unemployment. HELP!! I can even pay back help, once I start working again. I hold on to hope everyday. I am good at what I do and work hard. I just need my car.
WolfB

Post by WolfB »

Hi, I am writing this email to see if you could help me out. I have a friend who was involved in a car accident this week. She was on her way to get treatment for her daughter who has cancer and her vehicle was totaled. I was wondering is there any special programs a person could apply for in the Seattle Washington area for a car purchase for a person in need. Your help would be gratefully appreciated. Thank you.
ariana marie

Post by ariana marie »

Need to handle an emergency vehicle repair emergency.
I'm disabled, work capacity low, not finding enough appropriate work.
Income very low because of physically limited hours’ time per day.
Engine on jeep needs head gasket, is blown, some other less involved
Repairs, less cost.
Having difficulty sifting through the web info on this.
Need help applying for grant. Can't do loan now.