New Jersey help for utilities or taxes, or food

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
jMacdouglas1

New Jersey help for utilities or taxes, or food

Post by jMacdouglas1 »

My husband has been on tempory NJ disability due to illness, he applied on January 27 2009, but has been disabled since Dec. 31st 2008. It looks like he will be out on TD for another 2 months or more, we have no income except my small income of about 120.00 a week, due to cuts at work, and it looks like there will be even less hours for me to work in the near future due to the economy. what services are available to us? We own a home and the mortage is not being paid at the moment due to the fact that its about 1500 a month and we havent even received a check yet. food is little at this time, and there is 0 balance in my checking account running in the red zone! what can we do? Is there any help for utilities or taxes, or even food, for this tempory disablity that we are experiencing? can you give me any ideas of whom to contact for any charity or state help? Does Nj Natural gas have a assistance program, and also Atlantic Electric? Paying the taxes is even more difficult I cant seem to find a way to pay the mortage let alone the taxes.. Please help, we are slowly loosing it all, even our dignity. Sincerely Patricia
Admin
Site Admin
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: New Jersey help for utilities or taxes, or food

Post by Admin »

jMacdouglas1 wrote:My husband has been on tempory NJ disability due to illness, he applied on January 27 2009, but has been disabled since Dec. 31st 2008. It looks like he will be out on TD for another 2 months or more, we have no income except my small income of about 120.00 a week, due to cuts at work, and it looks like there will be even less hours for me to work in the near future due to the economy. what services are available to us? We own a home and the mortage is not being paid at the moment due to the fact that its about 1500 a month and we havent even received a check yet. food is little at this time, and there is 0 balance in my checking account running in the red zone! what can we do? Is there any help for utilities or taxes, or even food, for this tempory disablity that we are experiencing? can you give me any ideas of whom to contact for any charity or state help? Does Nj Natural gas have a assistance program, and also Atlantic Electric? Paying the taxes is even more difficult I cant seem to find a way to pay the mortage let alone the taxes.. Please help, we are slowly loosing it all, even our dignity. Sincerely Patricia
Anytime someone has property tax issues, I always say challenge your property tax and assessment. It is free to do. Visit the main site (link in top left) for tips.