Bought illegal car from a scam artist

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Magenta
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Bought illegal car from a scam artist

Post by Magenta »

Please help us if you can at this difficult time. We live in St. Augustine FL. I spent my entire life working hard and helping everyone that I could along the way. It really hurts to have such awful things like this happen to me at this stage of my life. First, I got ripped off $3,200 at a "Buy Here - Pay Here". I unknowingly purchased an illegal car and had to return it.
I contacted the local D.J. but he said all they would do is put a judgement against the dealer (whom they had, had dealings with before) and I couldn't afford an attorney to take him to small claims court. THEN; I had whom I "thought" was a friend contact me online and tell me about this "legit" Home Finance Program. (Because I'd wanted to move.) I entrusted $4,000, (everything I had). It turned out to be a scammer! It wasn't my friend at all. It was someone who had hacked into and stole my friend’s identity. I shook every tree out there.
The local police, the Attorney General, the FCC, the FTC. Everyone I reached out to just made me feel like a fool. No one cares, and no one is willing to help. I’m sick, I’m tired, I’m on disability. I'm in debt and now have my daughter and her two children staying with me. They had just been in a "safe house" to get away from her abusive husband. This is a very difficult for me being scammed from that car purchase. I have never asked anybody for anything; but I've never been in such a state before either; particularly at Christmas of all times. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm in need of bedroom furniture for my daughter and her kids and help with a car if possible. Thank you.
Sara Plummer
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Bought illegal car from a scam artist

Post by Sara Plummer »

My daughter is 17, she is in the co-op program at her school. She goes to school half of the day and then goes to work. Her car recently died. We think she bought the car from a scam artist.
We still owe $2400 on it. My husband and I have been struggling so bad with our bills and food for our never full kids, that we don't have anything to spare to help to fix the car or pursue a challenge against the scammer. And of course our credit score is dropping by the day because of our struggles and inflation. We need helping getting her a car for work and school so she can graduate and go to college. Can you please send me any and all information on assistants on a car for her. Putnam County WV