Veteran fundraising money

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Tony Fauci
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Veteran fundraising money

Post by Tony Fauci »

To whom it may concern,
I am Thursa for the Maricopa County Veteran's Organization in Maricopa Arizona. I am writing on behalf of all the Veterans of the Steamboat Community.  We would like to hold some fundraising events, and request for Donations for our community. Right now, we are in winter preparations, and our 2018 budget is only $2,727,27 dollars, and our community holds 54 Veterans, one Gold Star Mother, and 2 surviving spouses as of this date.  Most have no vehicles, no electricity, or running water. So, I am asking for any type of funding and or donations.
Our Winter Prep is to include:
Filling 500 lb. propane tanks at a cost about $2,29 on average across the reservation, that is total of $1,145.00 dollars to fill and will last approximately two months.
Providing wood for the winter to households. Each takes at least 9 cords of wood, and the winter months go from October to March – 9 cords now cost $150 – 250 per load. Total on average is $1,800.Pellets Per bag takes $5.19 per 40lb bag x 180 = 934.20Supplying water to people that still have to haul water for home use and animals. Gas cost a lot, so many families sometimes go without water for weeks at a time.
My family of 4 is volunteering to haul wood, food and clothing drive on 3 days in October 17-19, we could use as much help we can get.
Other items that is needed for the veteran fundraising is Food, Meat Products, over counter medications like Tylenol, Bayer Aspirin, Cough Drops, Q-Tips, Nyquil, Mucous Relief, Sinus meds and Flu meds. Clothing Warm socks, Winter Shoes, sweat shirts, sweat pants, Jackets and gloves. Other Misc. items such as Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, newspapers for fire wood, Water Barrels, Water Containers to haul and hold water for long periods of times.
If you would like information like names, and or photos, we are currently working on that, if you would like to bring items to them the following is our meeting dates, and you can join us, just let me know.  Our meetings are on first Saturday's unless they vote a different day, I try to have some food, like soup and fry bread or something, I can make or bring depending on my time.  Sept 15th, Oct 6th, Nov 10th at 9am.
As you can see we are in a dilemma for Winter Prep, and it is needed.  If you would like to know more information, I will try to accommodate your request.  Our wish list is very long, and we are trying to work on them, and funding. We now have a Lady's Auxiliary of 7 and they want to do some fundraising. We know many do not have a lot, but we are willing to try and get funding, in.  The biggest things we also need are Veterans, Homes for handicapped, and elders. Thank you for your time, and for anything that can be provided to the veteran fundraising is great.
Thank you,
True dat

Re: Veteran fundraising money

Post by True dat »

My husband, who was a veteran, passed away and I need help fundraising for paying for his headstone. His insurance covered burial expenses but there is no money left for the headstone. I was told that the cost for a headstone could be as much as $5000.00. I am on disability and only receive social security. I need to relocate to another apartment to reduce my living expenses as the total income has been reduced by one-half.
My husband was a Veteran and deserves to have a headstone, and I know fundraising can work for veterans getting money. I don't believe that the VA will help with the cost of a headstone since he didn't serve during war time. Thanks for your consideration.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are many crowdfunding platforms that veterans use (or their families), and they can maybe raise some money for a headstone. We have a list on our site, including tips, tricks, the top rates platforms and more. Look here for how to find the best crowdfund site.
True dat wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 1:40 pm My husband, who was a veteran, passed away and I need help fundraising for paying for his headstone.
Leann D

Post by Leann D »

Hello,
I am a veteran, have a family of 4 and we are in desperate need for help with our DTE bill and my kids birthday. My daughter and her children live with me and we both just started working within the past 2-3 months. I was off work for the past 2 yrs due to health issues that came very close to taking my life repeatedly. During that time I had to do fundraising as a veteran, borrow money from my family and take out loans in order to try and keep my utilities from being shut off and to stop evictions.
Even through all that I had my utilities shut off numerous times. I am actually in shut off status with DTE right now as I used up all my veteran benefits. I can't even afford to buy a vehicle to get back and forth to my doctors appointments. I know there will be no way to provide a Christmas for our 1.5 year old boy and our 6 year old girl. If you could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it.