German immigrant now in the states

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
ATHENAFARIS
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

German immigrant now in the states

Post by ATHENAFARIS »

A friend arrived in California on 12-26-20 from Germany. No credit score or employment as of yet as it is hard here as any immigrant, even German. Education level is the equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in business. Has worked her entire life. Fluent in 4 languages, and passable fluency in six. Just recently issued a son#. Been looking for an affordable house/apartment since she arrived. Found an apartment in El Centro, California with a move in date of October 10th.
Property Management wants twice the normal security deposit plus first month’s rent, payable to Management on the 10th ($2,000 + $1,300=$3,300). That would wipe her savings out. She cannot accept government assistance here is the states as not allowed for immigrants from Germany or anywhere. If there are no 501(c)(3)s that can help, can we structure a payment plan where the charity pays the initial move in costs, and we pay the charity back at $100-$300 a month until the debt is paid back? We can auto pay each month. This gives her time to find a job and get her living essentials taken care of. This is TIME SENSITIVE. Any help is appreciated.
Flavor

Re: German immigrant now in the states

Post by Flavor »

Hello,
My name is Shahrooz, and my wife, Sepideh, and I arrived in the US from Germany just a couple of weeks ago. I have a Ph.D. in Entomology, and my wife has a master of the same branch. The purpose of our travel to Columbus, Ohio, is a one-year sabbatical for me at Ohio State University.
Unfortunately, on March 31, 1996, the spinal cord at my neck got damaged in a car accident, and I should use a walker to walk afterward because of my disability. We do not have any job here and use only some saved money for living here. We live in a small apartment and our address is Columbus, Ohio, 43220.
My friends in The US introduced your website to me and considered that you might help us in several aspects, such as finding a job for my wife to earn money, transportation, and medical help as a German immigrant
We would be very appreciative if you could write us if that is possible for you to assist us in any cases.
Thank you for your kind consideration.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: German immigrant now in the states

Post by Admin »

If you are an immigrant, there are financial resources that can help, legal programs, work permits, and more. We have a comprehensive list of options and programs for you. Find them here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... grams.html
Flavor wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:20 am We would be very appreciative if you could write us if that is possible for you to assist us in any cases.
Thank you for your kind consideration.