I can't afford bus do to job loss

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Raven Redmond
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

I can't afford bus do to job loss

Post by Raven Redmond »

Hello,
My name is joe. I in Fort Wayne Allen county Indiana. I need help with transportation as I lost my job and can't afford bus transit anymore. I rely on CityLink buses for a way to and from work. I lost my job 3 weeks ago. Fortunately, I have got hired at a new job which I start Monday morning. So, I do not have to file for unemployment. Over the last few weeks I have exhausted all of the money I had left to pay rent, and spend on some basic food items and a reoccurring medical bill. My dilemma is that I am without means to get bus fare for the next two weeks to get to my new job across town until I get my first paycheck.
I really do not want to lose this opportunity to begin work again and avoid having to try to get unemployment. I had read via this website that the salvation army helps people in my situation out with bus passes temporarily for the unemployed. What would be the best thing to do first utilize this resource. Is there a phone number I need to call? Do I need to just walk down there in person first? Please let me know what insight you may have on pursuing this course of action(obtaining a bus pass for the next 2-4 weeks for Citylink Fort Wayne Allen county Indiana.
Perry
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: I can't afford bus do to job loss

Post by Perry »

Hello! My name is Lisa. My rent is paid by the CHAP Program with CCSS until January 17, 2022. I have interviews set up for employment but I have no income to purchase bus passes to get to my interviews. I will be served an eviction notice on January 20 give or take a day, however, I am trying to find employment daily as I can't afford the bus due to the job loss. If you could be of any assistance or inform me of where I could get assistance, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for your time regarding this matter.