Roaches in new home

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
AnnaMom
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Roaches in new home

Post by AnnaMom »

Sir/Madam,
I am writing to you with a bit of a desperate situation and hoping for any assistance you may provide. We have relocated from Tennessee because of my husband’s new job at Mercedes. Two months ago, I found a property for rent on Zillow in Cope, SC but it turned out is was full of roaches. We spoke with the property manager during that time many times and corresponded through emails in regard to the property. Last week, we made the move and when we got to the property we had been inquiring about, it was not at all what we were expecting.
We walked into a place that was infested with roaches, septic issues, pump house issues, and rotting walls/cabinets in the kitchen. Needless to say, we were crushed. We contacted the property manager immediately. We could not stay there that night and had to get a hotel room for our family. Then we went and bought some insect bombs and put eight of them off in the place. But still it was a daily event of spraying more and more bug spray to kill the roaches, caulking cracks and holes, and we still could not fix all the issues. When we spoke with the property manager before the fourth she said we were being unrealistic to be upset.
We have decided to leave the place because of the waste water that began to back up into the tub and the other issues not being resolved either. Now we are in a hotel paying 370 a week for our family to have a home like setting. 
Any assistance you can help us with is greatly appreciated,
Thank You Family
Scarlett Bloom

Re: Roaches in new home

Post by Scarlett Bloom »

My name is Stephanie. My fiancé, 2 sons and I live with my mother but she has roaches in the home. We have to be out of her house by July 31st. I just got a job but it's 2 weeks of training. We are on the section 8 waiting list but our name has not come up yet for a roach free home. I am looking for low income housing social services said they would pay my security and first month's rent. I was wondering if you knew any low-income housing or any way I could get help with paying rent and bills. I am the only one working due to my fiancé fall off a ladder and he is disabled. He has a lawyer for disability.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

A charity should be able to help you find a clean, safe, affordable home. Mercy Housing, Saint Vincent, and others are out there. Good for you on the new job as you still should get paid for those 2 weeks. Learn more, and find funds for paying bills from charities.
Scarlett Bloom wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:24 am My name is Stephanie. My fiancé, 2 sons and I live with my mother but she has roaches in the home. We have to be out of her house by July 31st. I just got a job but it's 2 weeks of training. We are on the section 8 waiting list but our name has not come up yet for a roach free home.
JoshRitter

Post by JoshRitter »

Greetings. I am a low-income senior citizen residing in the 19146 ZIP Code area. I need immediate help with house repairs and the roaches in my new home; i.e., constant flooded basement, leaking roof, front door, several windows, non-working outlets and light fixtures, safety bathroom fixtures, leaky toilet, roaches in the kitchen, etc. Can you kindly direct me to an agency that can help me ASAP? Thank you so very much and be blessed.