Tornado has put us behind on bills

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Puth
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Tornado has put us behind on bills

Post by Puth »

To whom it may concern:
Because our town of Bethany, Connecticut, got hit hard by a tornado last month, on the plus side, we were fortunate that our house did not get damaged from that natural disaster; however, we had extensive property damage from the tornado which forced us to buy a brand-new chainsaw and generator, so we could "survive". Like many property owners faced with the aftermath of a tornado strike, we were scrounging for any business that could sell us both items.  With luck, we managed to get two separate deals, but the added expenses negatively impacted our budget, and it would be nice to recoup the money in the form of a loan with no interest or perhaps a little more.  Plus, we are parents of a disabled teenager (our son). 
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tornado has put us behind on bills

Post by Admin »

Try talking to a disaster relief agency like the Red Cross, FEMA, Salvation army or your local government agencies.
As there may very well be financial help for your bills to help you recover from a tornado.
Find a list of free financial help programs.
HopeYouKnow

Re: Tornado has put us behind on bills

Post by HopeYouKnow »

Dear Salvation Army :
Am requesting disaster assistance for a tornado. I was given a monthly stipend for caring for my elderly dad. My dad and mom passed away in October and in November, respectively.
Because of their death, I am the head of household and currently without income for food, utilities, and etc.
What steps could I take to apply for disaster assistance and or grants?