Help for rent, bills, and more

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
MarryM
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help for rent, bills, and more

Post by MarryM »

Its best to explain my situation and then you can tell me if there are programs that will help. I'm currently waiting on a rental assistance program to send me the paperwork I need to fill out but I have several other areas in need as well. I am 49 years old, 2 1/2 years ago my husband had a severe stroke he was 44 years old. For him to come home I had to quit my job for he is 100% dependent unable to take care of his basic needs. He cannot walk, eat, nor control body movements and has speech problems. I became his sole caregiver. We have a 13yr old son living at home as well. We survive off of his ssdi and ssi money he receives monthly as well as the money I get through IHSS. I physically am unable to give him a shower and must pay someone to help. I also pay someone to take care of him anytime I need to go somewhere. IHSS just reduced my monthly hours that reduced my income $656.00 per month. He has more tasks than in the past as well such as pic line, oxygen, and mrsa. I need more help with him then ever before and IHSS cuts me more. 3 weeks ago he went into the hospital for respitory failure and 3 days ago they sent him to a skilled nursing facility for additional therapy before they will allow him to come home. I do not get any income through IHSS when he is in any facility. It will be over a month before he is able to come home. Rent and bills will not get paid his social security income is barely enough to provide food for the month. I am unable to work, any income I make would disqualify him to receive any help and when he is home I can not leave him alone. So I am in this situation and don't know what to do or where to turn. I keep on finding road blocks, dead ends when I asks for help. if you know someone who can really assist me please let me know. I live in Palm Springs, CA.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help for rent, bills, and more

Post by Admin »

A piece of good news is that Palm Springs and Riverside County California have numerous charities, assistance programs, and other options to help with bills, a hardship, and more. Here is a resource that will help summarize some of the programs and services that you can use. One of the major and first places to turn towould be Community Action Partnership of Riverside County. The main number is (951) 955 – 4900. They have programs for utility bills, health care expenses, and can provide other forms of aid, and refer you to other agencies and charities. They also can provide housing, rent, and maybe even limited mortgage help.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... grams.html
Futy

Post by Futy »

need assistance badly took in 3 family members that are without an have lost there jobs almost ganna all be put out and unable to pay rent ,an utilities are almost gonna be shut off moved my son to his grandmothers to be able to eat an get ready to try an go an be focused on college an car broke down the only transportation in home, had to fix to get back an forth to work an i have tried to get welfare an government assistance an have been denied an i just able to buy groceries ,an i need any help i can get right now so that were not all in the street homeless tkanks
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Where do you live? In order to post information on government assistance programs I need more info. In the meantime try this service. http://needhelppayingbills.com/html/sta ... progr.html This can direct you to welfare and other government programs.
Futy wrote:need assistance badly took in 3 family members that are without an have lost there jobs almost ganna all be put out and unable to pay rent ,an utilities are almost gonna be shut off moved my son to his grandmothers to be able to eat an get ready to try an go an be focused on college an car broke down the only transportation in home, had to fix to get back an forth to work an i have tried to get welfare an government assistance an have been denied an i just able to buy groceries ,an i need any help i can get right now so that were not all in the street homeless tkanks
Wedocare

Post by Wedocare »

My car broke down the end of July which caused me to miss two weeks of work. Then I was in a car accident August so I did not have any money for August rent and over drafting my account for utility bills caused good checks after to be short. I paid $255. I owe $484 for this month and remainder of previous month.