Want to winterize my mobile home

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
SteveKerr
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Want to winterize my mobile home

Post by SteveKerr »

Hello, I just bought a Mobile Home. I'm on SSDI and only receive 490.00 a month. I need to winterize my mobile home but can't afford it. Payments will not be increased until July 2020. With that said, I need help in preparation for cold weather! It is very drafty here. The home is a 1992. Also, I do pay lot rent 250.00. Them to move mow 15.00. I cannot do it due to disability. There are “Deed Restrictions" Keeping yards mowed and weed eaten. Then I will have Utilities and Gas bill. Car insurance as well as Home insurance. Which I need to get Asap! Can't get any aid now! Not enough money for winterizing my mobile home. That's 305.00 a year. Then of course toilet items etc....  so please if you could help me with someone to make my home ready for winter. And they sent a letter that we all apparently have to pressure wash our homes before winter. Thank you. 
Dandy

Re: Want to winterize my mobile home

Post by Dandy »

Hi, We are Douglas and Virginia and we are in bad need of help to pay utility bills and winterize our home. We need help with my power bill which is through Mon power, water bill (Richwood water), food. We need help paying my rent $750. I have asked the company's to hold off but I don't know how much longer they are going to hold off. Weatherization of our mobile home may help us save money.
I also need help with Christmas (decorations and presents). I lost all my decorations in a fire a couple years ago... I have 3 teenage girls. I also need help with cat food and litter. I lost my job due to covid-19 and I'm only drawing $158 a week unemployment which is not enough even for a mobile home. I'm really trying to find a job but it is causing me to go into deep depression because I’m drowning in bills and my cats are keeping the only thing keeping me from going over the deep endless!! Please help us!!!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Want to winterize my mobile home

Post by Admin »

Many community action agencies offer winterization programs, even including for mobile homes. Try them for either (1) the grants to pay for it or (2) referrals. There are communication action programs in all states and counties. They do help the low income, and find community action programs.
Dandy wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 8:26 am Hi, We are Douglas and Virginia and we are in bad need of help to pay utility bills and winterize our home.