Basement is flooded

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
TheSmiths
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Basement is flooded

Post by TheSmiths »

Hello, I live in Two Harbors, MN. My basement is flooding through a crack in the basement floor.  I had the city come over and look at it and was informed that there's a leaky pipe underneath the concrete of my basement floor. The only way to fix it is to replace the whole pipe under my house, most likely going through the basement floor.  I don't know what to do, but I do know this is going to be very expensive to repair.  Now the water is rising and soon will be high enough to damage the water heater and furnace, etc.  Today we have two plumbers coming over to give us some estimates to fix the flooded basement, but I honestly don't know how we're going to pay for it!  I'm really hoping you have some type of emergency assistance for this or can give me some recommendations of where to turn.  We worked so hard to get this home out of the initial foreclosure proceedings and finally just became current on mortgage payments.  But none of that is going to matter if I lose the house because I can't pay for the basement and plumbing repairs!Please let me know as soon as possible if you have any help available for this type of emergency, or if you can direct me to any place that may be able to help.  I'm praying there's something,  somewhere that can help me!!  I will be anxiously awaiting your reply.Thank you in advance for anything you can do to help.
Minaj
anti spam: Blue

Re: Basement is flooded

Post by Minaj »

In Spring Texas. Montgomery County  77380. I'm on disability due to blood clot in my legs and my lungs and I also have had an aneurysm in the left side of my head and made it. I do have Section eight. Disability only pays $846.00 a month and I moved from California to Texas and with the floods we just had I lost everything and I don't even have money to buy things now. Everything was lost in the flooded basement. Could you please help me with drives to the doctor's and utilities?  God bless you all. I don't have a car. Thanks 
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If your basement was flooded, then look into furniture banks, clothing closets, and thrift stores. The Salvation Army also tends to help in a disaster, such as a flood. Look into those here, at Montgomery County MD assistance programs,

Minaj wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:02 am In Spring Texas. Montgomery County  77380.
Machelle F

Post by Machelle F »

Hi my name is Olivia. I've been trying to get a free grant to help us get into a home as the last house my basement was flooded. Last February my home flooded completely - it ruined the floors, basement, all cabinets through the house everything. Flood management here in Farmington gutted out the hole house and there's nothing inside. American modern insurance has gave me so much problems to fix the house.
They got an umpire he finally agreed and the insurance sent me a check. Well i had to send it back to loan care well they kept the check. My contractor to fix the basement tried calling so he can get the money but they told him that they can't Release the check. Well I finally gave up. The insurance flood management left my girls and I with out a home. This is why I'm trying to find a free grant or some kind of help to get into another home. It's going to cost close to 90,000 thousand dollars to fix the house and flooded basement. That's a lot of money. I'm having a hard time looking for a free grant right now. I need help getting into another home. If you can point me to me right Direction it will help me. Thanks
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hi Olivia,
We have information on many grant programs on the site. We hope one can help you. There are benefits, cash assistance, home repair or moving grants and more. Locate a hardship grant to help with bills.
Machelle F wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:30 pm Hi my name is Olivia. I've been trying to get a free grant to help us get into a home as the last house my basement was flooded. Last February my home flooded completely - it ruined the floors, basement, all cabinets through the house everything. Flood management here in Farmington gutted out the hole house and there's nothing inside. American modern insurance has gave me so much problems to fix the house.
They got an umpire he finally agreed and the insurance sent me a check. Well i had to send it back to loan care well they kept the check. My contractor to fix the basement tried calling so he can get the money but they told him that they can't Release the check. Well I finally gave up. The insurance flood management left my girls and I with out a home. This is why I'm trying to find a free grant or some kind of help to get into another home. It's going to cost close to 90,000 thousand dollars to fix the house and flooded basement. That's a lot of money. I'm having a hard time looking for a free grant right now. I need help getting into another home. If you can point me to me right Direction it will help me. Thanks