Lawyer for divorce filing

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Omni
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Lawyer for divorce filing

Post by Omni »

Hello,
I am hoping you can please help me. My husband and I married in New Zealand on 2/11/2012 and he asked me for a divorce on 2/4/2018 and I moved out on 2/18/2018. I need a lawyer to help me answer questions and the process. We have been married for five years (give or take one week). We lived in New Zealand for 5.5 years and California for the last 2.5 years. I am now in New Zealand and he is in California. Some questions for a divorce lawyer.
Is the end of the marriage the day he told me (one week before our 5 year anniversary) or the day I moved out (one week after our 5 year anniversary)?
Does this mean he can file a summary dissolution, or is that something that needs to be done together?
Will I be served divorce papers by a person? Do I have longer than 30 days to respond since this is International?
What are my rights?
What chance do I have in getting my cat? This is a cat that I adopted, I took care of, took to the vet, paid the bills for and spent a lot of time with. I can prove this through invoices and receipts.
What happens if we can't agree on a settlement? Could this mean that I would need to fly over to go to court in California?
I would greatly appreciate any help or advice. I am so stuck and lost, being in an overseas country. I need to know my rights.
I appreciate your time in reading this, thank you.
KellyAnn
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Lawyer for divorce filing

Post by KellyAnn »

I'm a nurse working full time, and I recently moved to Fort Mill after a divorce. Due to the moving expenses and an unexpected illness, I've gotten behind with everything including the lawyer costs for the ongoing divorce. I've managed to catch up all except my rent and lawyer. I'm facing eviction if I do not pay 1200 by the 12th of August . That amount includes rent and late charges. I've begged my leasing company to give me until the 21st of August when I will have the full amount, but they are saying no, and I don't know what to do.