Bad roof on a trailer

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Anya
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Bad roof on a trailer

Post by Anya »

I'm aware of a disabled senior on disability who lives in a trailer park in Ontario County, NY. His trailer needs a new roof which he can't afford. He can't get any more assistance from disability or agencies for seniors because he doesn't own the property. Is there a place that you know of where he can get help? He is in a wheel chair with oxygen. Thank you for any help you can give me!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bad roof on a trailer

Post by Admin »

While we are not sure if a trailer will qualify, the fact is there are free home repair programs. Maybe they can help. NY state tends to have many too due to the cold weather and older stock of homes. But look here for resources. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... r_pro.html
Anya wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:01 am I'm aware of a disabled senior on disability who lives in a trailer park in Ontario County, NY. His trailer needs a new roof which he can't afford. He can't get any more assistance from disability or agencies for seniors because he doesn't own the property. Is there a place that you know of where he can get help? He is in a wheel chair with oxygen. Thank you for any help you can give me!
Superaging

Re: Bad roof on a trailer

Post by Superaging »

I am a welfare recipient and single mother of girls aged 11 &3 in the city and county of Sacramento, CA and we live in a trailer with a bad roof.
My home is in serious need of repairs and upgrades. The plumbing is backed and there’s a break in the line. The roof leaks on the trailer so much into my room that it’s now under the floor boards and squished up when I walk from the rain.
The garbage disposal broke along with the dishwasher, my fridge seal strip is ripped so it sometimes doesn’t shut and food goes bad quicker than normal.