install help or cost of water heater

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
DominicTweed
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

install help or cost of water heater

Post by DominicTweed »

I recently just saved my house after losing a job for some time. I exhausted savings, pension and applied for a government homeowners program "HARP" which allowed me to keep my house. Before I lost my house, I converted from oil to gas in 2016. I bought a water gas heater at home depot for a good price, but it appears that they refer me to people that want astronomical installation fees. I'm bare able to make ends meet and am wondering if you can help with finding an affordable connection to remove an electric water heater for a small 30 gallon gas water heater.
Hibernation
anti spam: Blue

Re: install help or cost of water heater

Post by Hibernation »

Hello, my name is Carrie and I live in Clarksburg.
I am emailing you because we are in desperate need of help with our water and water heater! Our water is due to be turned off on Monday, June 11th because we are unable to pay our bill. My fiancé receives SSI, I have absolutely no income and am in the process of trying to get Disability benefits because I have severe chronic pain and other health issues (I do not go out very often), and we also have a 12-year old child living in our home. We cannot lose our water due to the cost of fixing the water heater, it would be very detrimental to all 3 of us, especially because of the heat and our health, plus we have nowhere to go. Our bill is a little over $500.00, and there is no way we can afford that at this time. Can you please help? We are so very desperate and have runout of options!
Thank you for your time and consideration,
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: install help or cost of water heater

Post by Admin »

Is that Clarksburg West Virginia? If so, try the community action agency. They may be able to help with water heaters - but it is rare.
Maybe ask about weatherization too. That may be another option for you too. But if you need hundreds of dollars, that may be challenging.
Find a list of WV community action agencies.
Hibernation wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:59 pm Hello, my name is Carrie and I live in Clarksburg.
I am emailing you because we are in desperate need of help with our water and water heater! Our water is due to be turned off on Monday, June 11th because we are unable to pay our bill. My fiancé receives SSI, I have absolutely no income and am in the process of trying to get Disability benefits because I have severe chronic pain and other health issues (I do not go out very often), and we also have a 12-year old child living in our home. We cannot lose our water due to the cost of fixing the water heater, it would be very detrimental to all 3 of us, especially because of the heat and our health, plus we have nowhere to go. Our bill is a little over $500.00, and there is no way we can afford that at this time. Can you please help? We are so very desperate and have runout of options!
Thank you for your time and consideration,