Refused apartment entry and lock out

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Islander
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Refused apartment entry and lock out

Post by Islander »

My son moved back in with me after many years of living with my sister and my roommate was fine with it then one night we came home and he had changed the locks and refused us entry to the apartment. I called my mother in law and she let us stay with her but needs us out before the 12th of July because her grandchildren are returning home from being with their father so there is not enough room for all of us. The local shelters are full and we will be out on the street if I can’t get any help soon. Please if anyone can help us.
ATHENAFARIS

Re: Refused apartment entry and lock out

Post by ATHENAFARIS »

Hi, I've been trying to do some research to find a way to pay big deposit fees for getting a new apartment so I am not refused. I'm 27 and currently working full time but I need to move out by the 20th of November, this came very suddenly because my parents are no longer able to house me and locked me out. I'm in South Florida, in the Miami area and my job is here so I can't relocate somewhere less expensive at the moment, plus I'm also a full time student.
I can't get any aid through school at this time I've already reached out to them, I've tried applying for personal loans too and asking for advance pay at my job, and I just won't have all the money I need in time to move out. Is there anything I can do? I'm mentally ill but currently struggling to even get a doctor to see me so I can't request any paperwork to try applying for things, I have my diagnosis though if there are any mental health related programs that could help me.
I'm just really struggling right now and I only have $2,000 saved, most deposits for the places I'm finding near work are $4,800, usually first last and deposit, and I won't be able to make the extra $2,800 by the time I need to start applying so I am not locked out and refused the apartment. I'm starting to get very desperate and I don't know where else to ask. Any resources would be so appreciated.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are a number of assistance programs in Corpus Christi area. Since you have been locked out, maybe look into free legal aid as well from an attorney - as even Texas has laws, rules, and regulations to protect a tenant. Those resources will be listed on the website as well as financial aid programs for the jobless and unemployed.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Hi,
My name is Anita and I'm in dire need of help and I was just locked out of my apartment. I just lost my job (I'm looking for a new one), I'm being evicted (must be out by January 31st. I've no savings or help) and I'm in need of heating oil (about to run out soon). I've contacted everyone, and no one will help unlock the apartment. LIHEAP thinks I make too much-I've no income anymore, my job just ended Dec. 7th. Is there any financial help you can give me for an apartment (1st and security), back rent for where I am, moving expenses and help, and/or some oil?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Admin wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:55 am There are a number of assistance programs in Corpus Christi area. Since you have been locked out, maybe look into free legal aid as well from an attorney - as even Texas has laws, rules, and regulations to protect a tenant. Those resources will be listed on the website as well as financial aid programs for the jobless and unemployed.