Searching for a wheelchair

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Rashel
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Searching for a wheelchair

Post by Rashel »

My husband is 65 and had emphysema. I have severe mobility issues and use crutches to walk. Eventually I will need a wheelchair, which I currently use if there is a lot of walking involved. We are living on disability, and currently on the second floor of a friend’s home. Getting up and down the stairs is next to impossible most days, but we can't afford the high rents out there, and have been on the section 8 waiting list for a while. I am losing hope daily of finding a decent, accessible home for us to live out the remainder of our lives!
BigBen1

Re: Searching for a wheelchair

Post by BigBen1 »

Hello,
My name is Kacey. I'm a full time student, a journalist, and a caregiver.
I am currently homeless waiting for a rental to be ready for move in and also seeking a wheelchair. I am with my mother and my cousin. Both are disabled. My mother needs a cane my cousin is in a wheelchair.  We are also with two service dogs. My car broke down yesterday. It's in the shop and the repairs will be covered by Saint  Vincent DE Paul per a prior agreement to get the car registered.
I am staying in a motel with my two relatives while the car is in the shop  as I cannot access our RV without a vehicle to get to the rural area where we stay.
The motel had asked me to leave tomorrow  as a result of me complaining about being bit by something in the room. I am worries about where I will go and how I will get there without my car.
I have not been able to pay this evenings bill because I was relying on a scholarship disbursement from my college on Monday but it has been delayed  until Friday. The motel has given me until 3pm to pay by the time has passed and I am now overdue with nowhere else to go abs no way to get there.
I am contacting you today, praying that you may be able to assist me with the wheelchair needs as well as bill for the room this Evening and until my car is ready at which time we can return to our RV while we wait for the rental we've secured to be ready for move in.
Is possible that they may ask me to leave any moment. I am afraid to ask for any favors as they did not react well to my complaint of bites.
If you could please contact me at your earliest convenience I would be incredibly grateful to you.
Thank you,
Kacey
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Searching for a wheelchair

Post by Admin »

Sounds like you need a cane and a wheelchair? Since you are financially struggling we assume a used one is "good enough" for you. If so, then try borrowing medical equipment for free, as there are charities that loan out canes, walkers, wheelchairs and more.
BigBen1 wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:19 pm Hello,
My name is Kacey. I'm a full time student, a journalist, and a caregiver.
I am currently homeless waiting for a rental to be ready for move in and also seeking a wheelchair. I am with my mother and my cousin. Both are disabled. My mother needs a cane my cousin is in a wheelchair.  We are also with two service dogs. My car broke down yesterday. It's in the shop and the repairs will be covered by Saint  Vincent DE Paul per a prior agreement to get the car registered.

Kacey