Money for a retainer to sue someone

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Amy Smith
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Money for a retainer to sue someone

Post by Amy Smith »

I am older now, a writer, worked on a rich man's biography, and now he owes me 70-80K and has stiffed me. I have only a few hundred dollars now. Could lose my apartment, and became homeless. Facing surgery but can pay for my Medicare supplement any longer. Don't have anyone to help me, no family, am scared. Not even sure what you can do to help me.
A lawyer wants a 5K retainer to sue the man who has stiffed me. I don't have it. I used to be a well-paid professional who ran nationally known non-profits. Now I'm in this terrible situation.
MayaBijou

Re: Money for a retainer to sue someone

Post by MayaBijou »

To whom it may concern, Hello, my name is Wesley. I am currently unemployed since October of last year as I was illegally fired. I want to sue the school but need help for the retainer. I am Still trying to find work. I was wanting to know if there's some way my family  could receive help getting our electricity, and water paid? Our electric was due Monday the 2nd. It's $222.32 Thank goodness it's still on, but should be turned off anytime! And our Water bill is $76.00 That's how much it costs to get it turned back on. Also the cost of a retainer for an attorney for the lawsuit. If you could please help us? Me and my family would greatly appreciate it! Thank you, Wesley Sage
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Money for a retainer to sue someone

Post by Admin »

Hi Wesley,
If you want money to sue someone, there may be for profit companies that front you the cash. But they will want a cut of any lawsuit and may have fees. As far as other options, try this for legal aid in New Mexico.
MayaBijou wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:42 am To whom it may concern, Hello, my name is Wesley. I am currently unemployed since October of last year as I was illegally fired.