What do for Legal help to get back our security deposit

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
TimMac
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

What do for Legal help to get back our security deposit

Post by TimMac »

Bryn mawr, Pennsylvania, 19010
(Unbeknownst if said information necessary), but provided to help communicate a synopsis per my personal justification that part of security deposit owed to us.
Yesterday, this sir and thee missus received a large envelope sent a United States Post Office within Lower Merion, Pennsylvania 19010.
The woman we rented the above named address (who also happens to be the owner of same dwelling) forwarded an expansive list of repairs with attendant cost.
This couple page itemized report legally (per the law) enumerated every charge (some appeared arbitrarily inflated) showed up as a whole number.
This chap discerned how unrealistic, illegitimate and questionably trumped up fees, whereat none incorporate decimal cents, and thence a supposition that the drafter of this decree (deva assign) contrived prices based on self-determined dollar figures.
Aside from the lack of any fractional values pertaining to lengthy list for major restoration after our departure (re: not one maintenance issue included any numerical to the right of decimal point), thee property manager/owner included the following tasks (a partial description from the multipage hard copy) deducted from security deposit.
1. Exterior locks installed when she informed me to return original key = $38.00
2. Helper to get furniture outside = $80.00
3. Plumber to fix upstairs toilet tank and "U" sink pipes = $117.00
4. exterminator (which requests to rid the apartment of vermin such as mice and roaches blithely ignored, and/or told to pay out of pocket for pest control) = $80.00
5. 1 futon mattress = $199.00
6. 1 bed for mattress - middle room = 250.00
7. One sofa = $160.00
8. One mattress topper = $60.00
9. One air chamber = $150.00
10. Flexible heating duct = $200.00
11. Washer (outdated and warranted penny to restore), and stove repair = $150.00
12. Hard wired smoke detector = $109.00
13. Dishwasher (practically brand new) repair = $150.00
14. Cleaning services = $600.00
15. Furniture (old well worn) repair and refinishing = $150.00
16. Countertop repair = $120.00
17. Painting of front damage (flecks of material deteriorated naturally, and marks from tape around windows = $500.00
18. Loss of roommate, who made other living arrangements,
Because he could not wait to move in = 800.00
Additional toted up reclamation monies brought total way over the amount paid (four years ago) for security deposit. How can we get our money back? Can an attorney help?
Thus far, no receipts copied and mailed as proof positive that such expenses constituted, chronicled and calibrated from the occupancy of thyself and spouse.
Please advice this poor ole husband (and father to two grown girls, who live at opposite ends of the earth), how he can recoup part or all of the security deposit, which seems to me a modest inquiry, yes? Maybe legal help too?
The name of previous landlord?
Schwenksville, Pennsylvania 19010
Postscript: the woman whom availed living quarters NEVER secured the requisite Lower Merion, Pennsylvania Housing Inspection certificate prior to our occupancy, which lease now renewed the last day of June 2017.
Hence the aforementioned germane realtor took the liberty to skirt the law perhaps in an effort to avoid dishing out wads of cash to allow, enable, and provide safe and secure housing.
We lived in a facility not fit for man nor beast, which breach to avoid receiving stamp of approval. The abode we dwelt within, and imposed unfair upkeep, and/or keep mum if ever questioned about ourselves being renters.
Newport
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: What do for Legal help to get back our security deposit

Post by Newport »

THE FATHER OF MY CHILD AND I SPLIT AND HE KICKED ME OUT OF HIS APARTMENT WITH MY 10 MONTH OLD SON. I NEED A LAWYER FOR HELP. WE ARE CURRENTLY STAYING AT MY MOTHERS HOUSE SHARING A BED WITH MY 10 YEAR OLD SISTER. THERE IS SO SPACE FOR ME AND MY SON THERE. I WORK SO I CAN PAY RENT. I JUST DONT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY FOR THE SECURITY DEPOSITS, AND THAT IS WHAT I NEED A LAWYER FOR. SOME OF THESE PLACES ARE ASKING FOR. PLEASE HELP