Car windows fixed as they were broke on highway

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Mrs. Cook
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Car windows fixed as they were broke on highway

Post by Mrs. Cook »

I live in LOUISVILLE, KY and am in a difficult time at the moment. I've been working my job for 6 months now and need a little help getting there. I do have a vehicle but it is unable to legally drive.
About 3 months ago a huge boulder flew thru my windshield busting out the back passenger window and denting my hood while I was driving on the expressway. It was $988 to get it out of the impound lot. And now I need a little help getting it fixed so that I can get to work. My mom was helping me get to work and watching my 3 children ages 12, 9 and 4 for me. I work at Kellogg's snacks 7 nights a week with some 12hr shifts and as a single mother it has been extremely tough.
Raising my kids and trying to stay positive has been a challenge to say the least. My mom just dropped a bomb on me by demanding I quit my job to stay at her home with my children. She is giving me two weeks before she moves to Detroit where she will be working. I am in desperate need of help so that I can remain employed so that I can become independent for my children. Any assistance or any help with pointing me in the right direction of some assistance will be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time!
Sincerely,
tiyoshi

Re: Car windows fixed as they were broke on highway

Post by tiyoshi »

Some financial assistance needed in getting my car out of repair service as the windows were smashed. I use car for transportation to several monthly doctor's appointments, grocery shopping, and library and need it to arrange for
Physical therapy for lymphedema, which resulted from heart surgery. When I try using public resources, I find that I suffer from extreme fatigue and often need to find a quiet place to recuperate and rest before I can become mobile again. With my car and new windows, I can always retreat to it and regain some stability before having to board and lessen my stress of having people wait for me to become mobile.
I receive the minimal SS benefits and can add a small amount to my repair bill. Any help that you can provide will be greatly appreciated. Thus far, I've had to cancel both physician appointments, pharmacy pick-ups and grocery shopping this past month. A visit to my cardiologist for heart monitoring was just cancelled this morning.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

While we are not sure if car windows are covered, and we doubt someone will give you money for them, there are such things as free car repair programs. They may involve volunteer mechanics or fund raisers. Or try a junk yard as well for replacement parts. No matter, you do have options available out there.
Dan Nowaski

Post by Dan Nowaski »

Hello,

My name is Sara. I reside in Haverhill, MA 01830. I was recently driving on
the highway, when a HUGE chunk of ice came flying off of another car,
directly at mine, and hit and cracked my windshield. It did so much damage
that is cracked more than half of it so it now needs to be replaced and not
just a repair. I was not able to get the license plays of the car it came
off of, due to the fact it happened no fast and that the chunk of ice was
so large covering my entire windshield and view of the road. Unfortunately,
the car also did not pull over either. I have contacted my insurance
company, hoping it would be covered, and they had told me that it wouldn't
and I would have to pay for it full out of pocket.

I was wondering if there's anyway I can please get some assistance in help
with replacing this or help with paying the bill as the damage is bad
enough, I cannot drive my car for the time being.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sounds like you are close to losing your car with broken windows, fees, and possible impound. If so, look here for resources. Some programs can help, and find how to get impound prevention help here. https://www.needhelppayingbills.com/htm ... grams.html
Dan Nowaski wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:42 am I was wondering if there's anyway I can please get some assistance in help
with replacing this or help with paying the bill as the damage is bad
enough, I cannot drive my car for the time being.