Am deaf

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Nashville
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Am deaf

Post by Nashville »

Hello,
I work for DARS office for deaf and hard of hearing. I am in search of resources for a deaf couple I met while providing interpreting services at my church.
I became aware of their hardships when they didn't come to church and would not answer our email or videophone calls. I found their address and went to check on them. I discovered they had no food and were about to have lights turned off. I bought groceries and my church paid some 300 on utilities and cable.
I sat down and tried to help them make a budget so not to find themselves in that situation. Unfortunately it happened numerous times after and I was looked to for help.
While I don't want to see them hungry or homeless I cannot maintain my household their household and my own elderly parents household. Hence the reason for this email.
She is deaf with visual impairment. She gets 1100 a month I think. Seems to try to pay her bills. Think she got caught up in high interest loans which caused overdraft fees which caused deficiencies in her income and you know what comes next. No food no meds, etc.
He is deaf and he works as a stocker at Walmart. He has trouble budgeting in bind with overdraft so money he should have is taken to cover the overdrafts the. And he can't pay bills. They not have car I have been taking them to church for almost a year. It is getting difficult for me.
I need to find services for them. There has to be more than they are getting now.
I look forward to hearing from someone soon.
Berman
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Am deaf

Post by Berman »

I am a widow, am deaf and am 48. I moved in with a man 1 1/2 years ago and have been unemployed for 2 1/2 years due to the trauma of losing my sister to cancer and 5 months later my husband passed away and the day after he passed my mother passed away, I need to have a stable home so I can find a job. I worked for 18.5 years for Stanislaus County and know I can find a hearing or job for the deaf if I had a stable home. The man I live with is now my ex fiance.