Calling on adult protective services

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Randstad
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Calling on adult protective services

Post by Randstad »

Hi, I am writing on behalf of my parents (one with early dementia and one with diabetes, cataracts, congestive heart failure and a defibrillator) who are currently going through a world of troubles due to the family recently finding out my brother (their caregiver and person in charge of their financials) has been using heroin. He cleaned my parents out, even with protective services involved, and has not paid their rent since last September among other things.
As you can imagine this is a large debt and it does not look good for my parents at this time. Since all of this has come to a head my brother is currently in treatment at a VA rehab and I have now taken on the responsibilities and am at a loss and am not really sure what to do.
I have been in contact with adult protective services and legal aid but what everything boils down to is money. I am praying I can find some way to help my parents keep their apartment. Please respond at your earliest convenience so we can figure out if my parents qualify for any of your services or if you can lead me in the right direction. Thank you in advance for your time.
Gambino
anti spam: Blue

Re: Calling on adult protective services

Post by Gambino »

I am a disabled adult. I get SSI and SSD as of June 2015, currently my girlfriend her kids and I are in desperate need of a place to live and protective service is not helping them. Especially now that hot summer is close. We were hoping a state assistance program was available to us but none in our county nor any surrounding counties. If there is any programs of any sort that's help please email them.
Couric12

Post by Couric12 »

Yes, my 12 year old son is going to the 7th grade and I really could use help getting him some school clothes and school supplies because I'm a single parent. I can't work due to my kids being sick and I only get food stamps no child support or any other help, and protective services is looking out for my 12 year old soon too. Can you please tell me where and how to get help for his school clothes and supplies? Thanks.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

There are many free school supplies in Pasco County. Try a local charity that we have listed. Or also try the national programs we have on the site. Either way you may find the help you need.
Finch

Post by Finch »

Hi. My name is Kelly and I work with Adult protective services in Pennsylvania.  I have a consumer whose trailer roof collapsed due to the recent rains. The consumer was already searching for a new place to live when this happened. In any case, she found a new apartment for her family, however, all their furniture was ruined. I wanted to know where the family could turn to find free or really low cost furniture and beds. Thank you for your help with adult protective services.