Legal support or lawyer for CPS issue

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Post Reply
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:22 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Legal support or lawyer for CPS issue

Post by MarryM » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:39 pm

To Whom It May Concern,
I will make this explanation brief.
Due to my severe low-income, checkered past, and emergency visit to hospital for Shingles treatment on 6/1/2017, the man I was married to from 2004-2015, received the win in court on 7/15, with the judge ordering me to comply with Parenting Plan. I have never been proven unfit, I am currently residing in a safe house to keep my daughters safe from his physical, mental and reported sexual abuse.
Long story short, I have no representation, the Parenting Plan was never followed, and what little advice I could get with regards to said plan was to get a lawyer because it may have been tampered with.
I've gone through the CPS protocols and everyone has a different opinion of children behaviors and the final findings. I would like to appeal the final findings, but as I have yet to see a proper court order in this matter due to illness, nor have I been given one, I don't know what protocol or steps to take. I have yet to get a hold of the supervisor of the head investigator as well.
As of 6/1/2017, I did not release my children back into the custody of my youngest biological father and my oldest child's ex-step father on December 1, 2016. Spoke with local law enforcement and after briefly reviewing the document themselves, they told me that I should make the judgment I felt was best for my children, due to the fact this parenting plan is not completely filled out.
I have some serious concerns over not only my children's well-being, but my legal standpoint as far as my oldest child, due to the fact that she was under the age of 11 at the time her ex step-father was charged with a sexual offense in the state of Georiga. D_C_S told me that due to the fact that there was no blood relation, no adoption proceedings, and that she did not want him to be around her because she did not feel comfortable, not only was I not allowed to bring him and her in contact due state and federal laws, that made the Parenting Plan in question null and void, and that a modification of said order needs be filed forthwith.
As for my youngest child, she is my ex-husband’s biological child. Her psycho-logical trauma is still acute. She is currently receiving faith based counseling from a woman that is a member of the Church of currently attend, St. James church.
As of the court proceedings on December 1, 2017 neither I nor the man in question were assigned winter vacation, and I do believe as of right now it is in the children's best interest to keep them where they feel safe and comfortable. There is no motion that can be filed in a civil court until after January 1st 2018. I am running out of time to do what I can when I can to keep my children as safe as possible.
Please respond to this communication as soon as possible. Whether with advice, referral, etc., any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I am on Disability and I asking for the help of those with com-passion and sympathy for those who have no one to stand for them.
Warmest Regards,

Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:49 am
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Re: Legal support or lawyer for CPS issue

Post by ENGH1 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:53 am

I am disabled living on a very small disability check. I recently have separated from my husband so I no longer have his income. I need lawyer to deal with divorce as well as CPS. Over a year ago I had to take emergency custody of 3 grandchildren. They are now 2, 3 and 6. Very difficult ages and all girls. CPS called me and said I was going to be getting the newborn when my daughter has that baby. She is due first week of March. I need help in all areas. Daycare help for doctor appointments, Rental assistance. Free Legal aid. I own my trailer but pay lot rent. Utilities. Clothing. Money. Anything we need help please.

Post Reply