Veteran needs a car for work

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Sydkne Washington
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Veteran needs a car for work

Post by Sydkne Washington »

Good day, I am a veteran and a single mother of 3 kids (10, 9, and 9 years old) and we just moved down here from Maryland last month but staying with a friend till I can be able to find my own place.
1. I had 2 job offers but can not be able to get around because I was involved in a hit and run accident and it happens that the car that hit me was stolen so the insurance is not responsible to fix my van and I only have a liability on my van and they can not help me either, please I want to know if you can be able to help me to fix my van.
2. I also need help so that I can be able to pay for an apartment/home for me and my kids to start our lives again till I can be able to go to work.
Maryannbernaz

Re: Veteran needs a car for work

Post by Maryannbernaz »

I was wondering if you know of any grants for veterans or even low-cost loans for veterans to help with car repairs or to get a vehicle, so they can get back and forth to work. There was one place that I was told would be able to help but when I called them they said they did not do that kind of thing. I don't have enough money to repair my car all the way and at the moment I rely on several people plus try to take Transportation as close to my job as possible so that I can work. Even if it's a low interest loan to help me get the car repaired or get another one that's in better shape I would appreciate it. If you know of any program in Lackawanna County Scranton Pennsylvania area, I would like it if you would please email it to me. Thank you very much for reading my question request.
Sincerely,
Bucker

Post by Bucker »

I am disabled Veteran waiting on my service connection rating. I a no longer employed or employable due to my health and recent stroke I had in May.
I need help with my car note I was given till October 2nd to come up with $488.00.
I have no income myself and my spouse's income barely covers the mortgage its usually short $200. To pay that bill.
We received assistance from St Elizabeth for the mortgage shortage. They referred us To Catholic charities for the auto, however the intake day is not till October 16th. Well after my deadline To avoid repossession.
I used and rely heavily on my transportation to my many doctor appointments as well as work and to take my child to and from school and to his appointments.
I am looking for emergency financial assistance for the car that can help veterans get around. Time is of the essence and I can't wait until longer than Monday as that is my deadline.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The government provides free cards to veterans. But it is based on donations as well as the reason. As of course a car program is rare - but it may be possible to get help.