car impounded.. need money to get it back to start new job

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
wesrecruit
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

car impounded.. need money to get it back to start new job

Post by wesrecruit »

My brother in law managed to get my car impoundedand I have to pay nearly 1k to get it out. I have been out of work for 8 months, and barely making it. I am self emplooyed so I don't get unemployment either. I start a new job on 3/15, but will have no way to get there without my car back, it's not accessable to public transportation. I'm in IL, anybody have any ideas? I've contacted everyone I know, and since this is not for food or utilities, there are no agencies that will help.
Admin
Site Admin
anti spam: Blue

Re: car impounded.. need money to get it back to start new job

Post by Admin »

You do have some options. You can try 1800 charity cars, or get an auto loan from Ways to Work. Last, but not least, maybe Opportunity Cars can help you. Here is a link for many charity and other organizations that you can look into.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ns_th.html
Newport

Re: car impounded.. need money to get it back to start new j

Post by Newport »

I live in Des Moines Iowa. Recently I got divorced from my wife of 3 years for many reasons but due to this and the child support that I am paying out I cannot get together the funds to pay for repairs to my car which I use to drive to work and to get my two small children around. To make matters worse, it was just impounded too. I understand if there isn’t a lot for me I make a good amount but in between my other bills and child support I barely make ends meet. It would mean a great deal to me and my family if I could get some help ......... but in the end if you cannot then I wish you all the best
Admin
Site Admin

Re: car impounded.. need money to get it back to start new j

Post by Admin »

We have many different ideas listed for this. If your car was impounded and is now impacting your employment situation, it is easier to get help paying those fees. There may also be loans to be used for a source of money, community action agency programs, and more. Find details on getting a car out of impound with no money available to the owner.
Newport wrote: To make matters worse, it was just impounded too.
MacroCar

Re: car impounded and need money to get it back to start new job

Post by MacroCar »

I need help paying impound fee before I lose my job. Came to doctors from out of town and stayed at a friends house in Madison. The friend told me to park in the spot off to the side out of the way due to no handicap being available.
I put my handicap in the mirror. They were never informed of any specific visitor parking either. Next day my truck was gone and the apartment complex was clueless and said they didn’t have it towed. The tow company said they don’t have to call cause they have a contract with the property to just apparently drive through the lots. Mind you twenty other vehicles sat with no parking permits nor is it posted anywhere on the property. The non handicap is way out on the street and there’s only 1 space near the building. They are refusing to work with me at all, and now I am going to lose my job as I can't get to work. The officer I called said this company prays on people with nice vehicles. Unfortunately I am homeless and was saving money for a place. I am also on disability and now I’m stuck out of town with my truck in impound I was living out of until I get the money to pay the fees. Please help me