Help packing for move

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Hooloway
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two

Help packing for move

Post by Hooloway »

Hi. I'm a single, disabled mom of 4 boys but only 2 live at home. We live in Utah but plan on moving to Oregon by the end of February to mid-March.
I also have a son who is disabled.
I need help packing a cleaning up around the mess of packing. I have no family here and my only few friends live about an hour away an always say that I live to far or they'd help... is there any way you have something available for this need?
Francheska
anti spam: Blue

Re: Help packing for move

Post by Francheska »

I have Cancer and where I live I cannot get all the medical that I need so we are moving to Norfolk, VA (or close to it) but need help finding a place to live as well as help packing for the move. We are in upstate NY and do not have the resources to make the trip down there, find a place and come back and get our stuff and move so we are just packing our stuff up and going.
I was wondering if we could get some assistance finding a place to live and packing. We prefer a mobile home but will take anything as long as it is on the ground floor due to my disability which has me in a walker and wheelchair or perspective move day is the 16th (I know short notice but I just found out about your website today).
I can be reached at my cell number, if need be I can move our move date a few days back but I feel that I have to get out of here as soon as possible. This place we live in is in the middle of nowhere and is driving my anxiety crazy which I am also not getting any help with here cause there is none.
Please let me know if you might be able to help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Volunteers from some of the cancer fighting agencies may be able to help you pack. Or try a local church. One other option is Life Beyond Cancer, as they operate nationally. So they more than likely cover both Virginia as well as New York.
Francheska wrote:I have Cancer and where I live I cannot get all the medical that I need so we are moving to Norfolk, VA (or close to it) but need help finding a place to live as well as help packing for the move. We are in upstate NY and do not have the resources to make the trip down there, find a place and come back and get our stuff and move so we are just packing our stuff up and going.
Amber Tooley

Post by Amber Tooley »

Just moved into an income based home in Lake Benton after staying in a motel for over a month. My issue is affording to move all my things here and I also need help packing for the move. SWHHS won't rent a U haul and workforce will only give me fuel cards for school and work related issues. PLEASE HELP!!! I also need to get to a job interview today!!! I'm out of options.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

If you need help packing or moving, sometimes the Salvation Army has volunteers. There are offices in Lake Benton as well as the state. Maybe someone can get you a U-Haul or something. Find Salvation Army Washington locations near you.

Amber Tooley wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:48 am Just moved into an income based home in Lake Benton after staying in a motel for over a month. My issue is affording to move all my things here and I also need help packing for the move. SWHHS won't rent a U haul and workforce will only give me fuel cards for school and work related issues. PLEASE HELP!!! I also need to get to a job interview today!!! I'm out of options.