Roofing shingles

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Puerto Rico
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Roofing shingles

Post by Puerto Rico »

The house was built in 1985 and the shingles are the ones that was put on when it was built. A tree fell through it a few years back and my dad did not have the money to replace it. The cost to repair the the damage areas and since the house is so small is high. A roofer said it would be best to replace the whole roof because it will not be long before the shingles that is on it start leaking.
I have tried the weatherization program but the will not help with it. I have tried Habitat for Humanity but no funds. I have tried HUD and Community action agency, I have tried Unity way and called there referrals, nothing. I did get a response from AHUDA or something like that, but my age I am not eligible for a grant and for a loan my credit has to be good, and my credit is not good.
I have tried some many resources I just want to give up. The people who never ask for help because they feel others need it and then when they do need help get turned down or get run around in circles. You can check any source and I have not asked for any help in over 15 years. I don't know where to turn. Let my roof stay as it is and loose it due to damage from leaking then I loose more. I can't even get insurance because of my roof.
Ben Tate
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Re: Roofing shingles

Post by Ben Tate »

Hello,
I PROMISE you this is NOT a spam letter, but a true letter from a true person who is asking for help.
In sweet ""JESUS"" name, PLEASE, I am begging you to help me...
I wanted to see if you could help me with fixing the shingles on our roof or know someone whom could.
I have tried Salvation Army, Habitat for Humanity, weatherization program thru community Action Center, NAACP, and over 120 local Churches....
No One is able to help me....
I am going to make a long story short.
4 years ago, when Tornado hit, Fema paid for roof repairs on the roof of my home.
I own my home, a 32x80 double wide and I have no payments.
In August 2015 when my roof started leaking inside, we discovered the shingles were on upside down.
By this time my roof is damaged very badly. My ceilings in two rooms have already started fallen in, which one is over my mama's bed.
And it is leaking in just about every room of the house. The Ceiling is sagging badly in places due to failing shingles.
I am a 60 year. Old widow, and I have an elderly mother with medical problems, a disable son with grand mal seizures, and another son, his wife and their two young children that live in my home.... It is our home, not just mine. We are a close nit family. We help each other because that is what families are supposed to do.
I tried to borrow against titles of my home.
I found out "No One" does this anymore.
Now I have bad credit for applying to all kinds of resources, because I am determined not to give up.... I am desperate.
I did find a couple of agency's who would loan me the money, but the interest was so high, I would never get it paid off.
I put my Pride aside for my family.
Asking this is one of the hardest things I have done, besides burying loved ones....
I am so sorry for asking this, but I am just desperate for help or new shingles.... I feel like I hit the bottom of the pit, and cannot climb back out. I pray for answers all the time, but so far, I can't figure out what Jesus is telling me to do..... I do pray, and I am a believer in Jesus Christ.... but at this present time in my life, I am really confused.
PLEASE, If you could just help me find someone to help me get my roof fixed, {because several roofers have told me that any type of frozen precipitation is going to cause my roof to fall in on us {and bad weather is already on us}..... the rafters of the roof is rotten, and the insulation has black mold growing in it}.... or find someone to loan me the $15,000, {with low interest rates} I would greatly appreciate it.
I promise to repay anyone if they will just loan me the money.
The reason I was trying to borrow the $15,000 is so I can fix my roof, new insulation, repair ceilings, some wiring has to be fixed now because of water damage, and fix other items in my home to where it will be a safe place for my family and grand babies to live.
I need HELP right away, not months or weeks from now, I need it right away....
I promise this is not spam, and everything I have told you about my home is true....
As "GOD" is my witness, it is true.
I live in Trenton Ga.
Thank you and God Bless