Wheelchair ramp

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Ashley C
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Wheelchair ramp

Post by Ashley C »

Hello. I am a social worker for a home health company in Central Louisiana. I am currently working with a patient who a wheelchair ramp needs build onto her home so she may easily access outdoors for doctor appointments etc. She also needs help obtaining a wheelchair lift for the van that she is taken to her appointments in. Are there any services for the Natchitoches, La area that may assist? Thank you.
trex

Re: Wheelchair ramp

Post by trex »

Don't know where to turn because we never had to ask for help. My husband & I are homeless as of tomorrow morning. We are both disabled & he's in a wheelchair. I have the majority of the money to move in to a place we just have no place to move into to that we can afford & we have no money to turn utilities on or food. We've been on waiting list for Section 8 for an apartment with a wheelchair ramp. If you can put I the right direction is greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Kelley

Re: Wheelchair ramp

Post by Kelley »

I am in a wheelchair (electric) and I can't afford to build a ramp so I have to get 2-3 people to help me get out of my home to go to the Dr even. I've been trying everything I can to get the funds needed to buy the treated wood for this as it's urgently needed!
I have volunteers who are willing to build it .
I just can't afford the treated wood needed.
Is there any agency it grants that can help me?
I live in Archdale, NC and in 74 years old .
I just got out of the hospital where I'd broken my hip in 3 places and I have tutatiun rods (3) in my neck and a plate in my throat, due to discs rupturing and partial paralyzed me from my waist down!
If there is anyway I can get help with this I'd appreciate it!
Thank you for your time and help!
Dorothy