Car - payments, repairs, and gas for work

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
bobJohnson
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Car - payments, repairs, and gas for work

Post by bobJohnson »

Hi, I am 45 years old and live in San Antonio, Texas. I work nights as a security officer 40 hours a week and sleep during the day. My boyfriend is 42 years old. He was diagnosed with a terminal heart condition 3 years ago. He sees 5 different doctors. He is in a wheelchair most of the time and uses a c-pap machine to help him breathe.
My car broke down 2 weeks ago making it very hard to do simple things like buying groceries and paying bills. We took the car to Aamco. It motor needs to be replaced. Aamco will finance a new motor but not a used one. Their terms are $1800 down, $300 for a GPS device and $150 every 2 weeks. A used motor will cost about the same as the down payment. We cannot afford that.
I am still making payments on the car. I have never been late on a payment since we bought the car a year and a half ago. If we can't get the car fixed I will have to let it go and ruin my credit. My credit went from poor to good because of the car payments. Nathan is still able to drive himself to the doctors as long as he has help with the wheelchair. He tries to make the appointments as early as possible in case he needs me to go with him so I can get back home and sleep. Without the car he cannot go on his own. He wouldn't have the strength to get to the bus stop. And since I work night I would not be able to get to him if he has a heart attack or stroke.
I am asking you for help in getting the car fixed. We can pay up to $200/month with my mother's help. I do not want my credit to be messed up again because we can't get the car fixed. The car payment is due in 2 weeks.
If we can't get some help with the repairs by then, I will have to let the car go. I then risk the chance of falling asleep at work because I have to stay wake to get him to his doctors. If caught sleeping at work is instant termination. I have been working here almost 5 years. Please help us keep the car. We will pay what we can for the repairs. Please respond ASAP!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Car - payments, repairs, and gas for work

Post by Admin »

Well, if you can pay $200 week for the gasoline or repairs, that is quite a bit of money. We do you need help then? Seems like you can afford all the costs yourself. As if you borrow money and pay it back, that is even more risky as you will not have a loan. But anyway, try the charities that have free gasoline.
bobJohnson wrote:We can pay up to $200/month with my mother's help for the gas and repairs. I do not want my credit to be messed up again because we can't get the car fixed. The car payment is due in 2 weeks.
Eckhard

Post by Eckhard »

I am a mother of 4 and a full time student. I was working two jobs to maintain my car and afford my gas and one of the jobs ended about one month ago and I have fallen behind. I am late with rent which is 895, 984.50 with late fees. I am one month behind on my car which is 351 and the next note is quickly approaching. I've been seeking other employment but I've had no luck. I'm a junior now and I really don't want to stop but I am afraid that stopping may be my only option. Please help me if you can.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Don't want to stop? Meaning what? Anyway, we have tons of car programs listed on the site. Everything from Opportunity Cars to gas vouchers, rent help, WIA centers for information on transportation services and more. But we envy you for being a full time student, working, try to do your best and be self-sufficient in what sounds like a positive fashion. We hope for the best.
Eckhard wrote:I am a mother of 4 and a full time student. I was working two jobs to maintain my car and afford my gas and one of the jobs ended about one month ago and I have fallen behind. I am late with rent which is 895, 984.50 with late fees. I am one month behind on my car which is 351 and the next note is quickly approaching. I've been seeking other employment but I've had no luck. I'm a junior now and I really don't want to stop but I am afraid that stopping may be my only option. Please help me if you can.