Transmission for my car

Help with paying other bills, assistance, or anything else you may need or want to discuss.
Handler
Antispam check: Dog
Antispam check: two
anti spam: Blue

Transmission for my car

Post by Handler »

I am contacting you for a dear friend. She is part of the working poor. Her parents live 46 miles away and are in their last weeks of their life. Her transmission has just failed. She lives in Tuolumne County, CA. Her parents are in Kern County, CA. She is a hardworking, highly moral woman in need of help with transportation. We both appreciate any help you can offer.
shawrah

Re: Transmission for my car

Post by shawrah »

I live in Norris city Illinois and I'm trying to find help getting a transmission for our van. My husband is disabled and it is our transportation back and forth to the doctor. He goes to the doctor every month now we have to drive 250 to see his back surgeon to discuss his second back surgery. Is there anyone that can help? Thank you for your help.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The Jewish Federation has a big operation in Illinois. They may issue some loans for expenses such as car repairs. So maybe apply for the transmission. They are often zero percent interest, and this is the only reason we would recommend this option. So they help the disabled and others, and read more on the Federation here. Click more information.
Sheryn

Post by Sheryn »

I'm a 61 year old disabled low income Veteran I'm seeking help with repair of the transmission for
A 2003 VW Jetta 1.8T. I've had estimates the cost is $3100. I can't afford to keep the car running good and take care of it and still sitting at a shop. I'm afraid I'll lose it.
I manage a house with five veterans my age, this is the only car and only one with a driver’s license with a good record, and I use it for appointments and give rides when needed to fellow veterans, with my service related injury I can't get around without pain can't stand or walk distance
I live in the city of Garden Grove CA. I've Emailed other Organization with no response. If you can help or give guidance that would help. I’m getting behind on things and running out of option.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Sometimes a community action agency will be able to help with car repairs. Veterans usually get priority, and there is an agency in Garden Grove CA. Now a 2003 car is old, and a transmission is costly...probably more than the car is worth. So it is probably a bad idea to try to fix it. But you can see what is out there, and talk to the folks at the community action agency in Orange County here.
http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/html ... ction.html

Sheryn wrote:I'm a 61 year old disabled low income Veteran I'm seeking help with repair of the transmission for
A 2003 VW Jetta 1.8T. I live in the city of Garden Grove CA. I've Emailed other Organization with no response. If you can help or give guidance that would help. I’m getting behind on things and running out of option.
Demi Sutra

Post by Demi Sutra »

Hello. My name is Rusty. I'm 36 years old and I live in Garland, Texas. I own a 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue with a transmission problem and it turns out I need an entirely new Transmission for my car. I recently lost my job and my home. I'm currently living with my 57 year old neighbor that recently had a bad stroke and his 80 year old mom. I'm in desperate need of getting my car fixed.
The solenoids in the transmission need to be replaced and possibly the torque converter. I'm praying the transmission doesn't need a full rebuild. I have been doing all the repairs myself. Spark plugs, fixed all leaks, new battery, Oil change, transmission fluid change, 4 new tires. The engine runs really great. It's just the transmissions solenoids been acting up for awhile now and it's to the point of where it's undrivable.
Employers have been reaching out to me on Indeed for job interviews but I don't have reliable transportation until I get the transmission to drive my car. Is there any help out there for me? Please. I just need my vehicle working again. I'm out of money. I don't have anyone to help me. I'm sorry for asking. I normally figure it out myself. But I just don't know what to do so I got online and searched for car repair Charity's. I'm not sure where or how to go about getting the right help. Please email me back and give me some direction. Thank you for your time.